Winter Tire Storage Tips
The useful life of a race tire is directly affected by storage conditions. Always store your race tires indoors in a dark, cool, dry room.
For best results:
- Remove the tires from the racecar.
- Store the tires on their side in a cool, dark and dry environment.
- Place the tires in black plastic bags when stored during the off season.
- Keep the temperature range in the storage location between 40-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don’t store tires in direct sunlight. Sunlight causes UV damage by breaking down the rubber compounds.
- Don’t apply any chemical treatments as it may damage the integrity of the tire by breaking down the rubber properties of the tire.
- Don’t allow your tires to come in contact with oils, greases or any petroleum products that may cause the rubber to soften or deteriorate.
- Don’t store your race tires in sub-freezing temperatures for any length of tire as the rubber can freeze and may crack.