Speedway Motors to Debut New Products, 70th Anniversary Booth & 1968 C10 Build at 2022 SEMA Show
Speedway Motors, a manufacturer, retailer and distributor of high-quality automotive parts and racing products, announced today they will debut new products and the rolling chassis for their 1968 C10 Build in their booth (#22985) which is a nod back to their 70th Anniversary at the 2022 SEMA Show Nov. 1-4 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Founded in 1952 by “Speedy” Bill and Joyce Smith Speedway Motors started as a tiny parts shop, in Lincoln, Neb. Today, Speedway Motors offers more than 250,000 products for race, street, muscle, and rod. With two retail stores and distribution centers in Neb., W.Va. and Ariz., employing more than 500 people they remain committed to providing a broad selection of high-quality, affordable automotive parts— delivered quickly, efficiently and without any hassles. The family-owned business continues to be run by the second-generation, Bill and Joyce’s three sons Carson, Craig and Clay.
“We’re proud to look back on a long line of products, projects, history and tradition as we celebrate our 70th Anniversary,” said Clay Smith president and owner of Speedway Motors.
“This culminates with our booth at the 2022 SEMA show which is a nod to our 70th Anniversary with a display similar to what you may have found in our first parts shop. It represents both the past and future of our business showcasing a ’36 Willys Sedan to a ’68 C10 chassis that’s part of our LS swapped restomod build.”
Speedway Motors is known for their hot rod parts and a 1936 Willys Sedan built by Brian Limberg of The Tin Man’s Garage showcasing a number of their hot rod parts will be the featured vehicle in their booth.
They are also no stranger to industry trends and continue to develop new products to meet the needs of customers which are showcased on their newest in-house build a 1968 C10. The 1968 Chevy C10 short bed Fleetside pickup truck build, launched earlier this year and is highlighted in a series of episodes and tech videos on their blog The Toolbox.
Episodes 1-3 are now available and highlight every step of the process from acquisition to tear down and build out of the chassis and suspension. Episode 4 will be released today, Oct. 31 which brings the build to the point of a rolling chassis which will also be on display in their booth at the 2022 SEMA Show.
Their new products which will be on display in Speedway Motors booth as well as the New Product Showcase include:
LS Mock Up Block Kits (#91089660)
- Compatible with all LS engine bolt-ons such as intake manifolds, headers, oil pan, timing cover, water pump, and accessory brackets which makes positioning or fabricating engine mounts a breeze.
- Weighing in at 18 pounds for the short block or 35 pounds for the long block, this LS mock up engine can be lifted in and out of the vehicle by one person without the need for an engine hoist.
- Replicates all Gen 3 and Gen 4 LS block size for test fit of LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, LSA, and Vortec truck engines 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L and 6.2L.
- Heavy duty 12 gauge steel construction is designed to last unlike the LS foam block which often suffers damage from thread inserts pulling out of the foam core.
- Long block version comes with bolt on fabricated steel mock up heads | Short block version accepts all factory and aftermarket LS heads.
1967-72 C10 LS Swap Transmission Crossmember (#91098215)
- Bolt-in trans crossmember for Chevy C10's uses factory frame rail holes so no drilling or fabrication is required.
- Specially engineered to allow a 3” dual exhaust system to be tucked up neatly which is a must on lowered trucks.
- Unique design uses boxing plates on each side which allow for quick and easy removal of the center crossmember portion when needed for transmission maintenance.
- Wide range of front-to-back adjustability and 1/2" of height adjustment allows for the use of a wide variety of transmissions.
- 10 gauge steel construction which comes powder coated black for a professional appearance.
LS Bellhousing Tremec Muncie (#91027003)
- Upgraded steel version of the GM 621 bellhousing which will provide additional safety and strength to resist cracking that is common with aluminum bellhousings.
- Accepts GM 3 and 4 speed manual transmissions such as Muncie T-10 as well as several aftermarket 5-speed transmissions by Tremec and Richmond.
- Excellent choice for Muscle Car LS swaps to keep floor and tunnel modification to a minimum due to the smaller transmission size compared to a T-56.
- Compatible with standard 168 tooth LS flywheels and clutches as well as stock and aftermarket LS starters.
- For use with hydraulic throwout bearings only as there is no provision for a mechanical clutch fork.
12-Circuit Cloth-Covered Vintage-Look Wiring Harness (#91164012)
- Vintage braided cloth covering over modern GXL insulated automotive wiring for great looks and modern safety.
- Perfect for restoration projects, custom vehicles or budget-minded DIY builders.
- Plug-and-play with 1968-1996 GM tilt steering columns (can be spliced into others).
- Uses modern blade-style APM/ATM mini fuses in place of outdated glass fuses.
- Tail light leads are 12 ft. in length and work with most small to medium sized vehicles.
Wheel Fitment Tool (#91603280)
- Laser cut and press bent from 10 gauge steel for strength.
- Supports measuring 14 to 20 inch diameter wheels from 7 to 17 inches in width.
- Accurate way to measure and confirm backspacing and offset using the actual tires you plan to use.
- Assembles inside your tire to verify fitment against frame, suspension, and body.
- Tool free design uses 1/4-20 carriage bolts and wing nuts to adjust and secure tool.
Steering Wheel & Horn Assembly Kit, Chevy Pickup (#91019470)
- Reproduction of the original GM/GMC truck steering wheel in 15-inch diameter.
- Horn cap specifically designed for 1947-53 Chevrolet Trucks featuring chrome "Chevrolet" on a grained background.
- Steering wheel hub features 1969-1994 GM spline configuration.
- Works with 1969-1994 GM tilt columns or aftermarket style tilt columns.
- Steel ring and spokes fully welded for support with over molded plastic body.
Other new products that will be debuted at SEMA include:
- 3 in 1 Digital LED Display Gauge, Water Temperature, Oil Pressure, Volts (#91130305)
- 2 Point Engine Life (#91089446)
- 4 Point Engine Lift (#91089447)
- Speedway Motors Hairpin Cover (#91603096)
- Speedway Universal Splied Rear Sway Bar Kit (#91664725)
- 1970-81 F-Body Splined Sway Kit (#91670811)
- Flush Mount LED Tail Light (#91603094)
- Retrofit USB Ashtray Kit (#92640100)
- T4 Turbo Mock Up Jig (#91015031)
- C10 LS Swap Transmission Crossmember/Motor Mount Kit (#91098220)
- GM Bellhousing for T56 (#91027005)
For more information about Speedway Motors new products visit SpeedwayMotors.com/sema2022.
About Speedway Motors Inc. Speedway Motors is a manufacturer, retailer and distributor of high-quality automotive parts and racing products. Celebrating their 70th Anniversary, Speedway Motors has been committed to providing a broad selection of high-quality, affordable automotive parts—delivered quickly, efficiently and without any hassles since 1952. Their products and expert advice are available to customers by calling 1.800.979.0122, online or at retail stores in Lincoln, Neb. and Tolleson, Ariz.