You can use many different T5s but it is easiest to use a T5 from a Chevrolet S10 or a GMC Sonoma pickup. If you use a T5 from a Camaro, the shifter will sit at an angle. If you use a T5 from a Ford, you will need special bell housing.
- They're easy to find.
- Gearshift position is close to that of old Ford transmission top-shifters.
- Ratios are a good match to most flattie vehicles
- Early years have mechanical speedometers, later models have electric speedometers.
- Removable bell housing is a must!
- S10 transmissions have 1" 14-spline input shaft.
- Camaro transmissions have 11/8" 26-spline input shaft.
- Ford transmissions have 11/16" 10-spline input shaft.