Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Stainless
Chevy Small Block V8, Mid-Length Header Tube Type, Polished, Standard Flange Style, Natural
- For '64-'87 A, F & G-body GM cars and fits many street rod applications
- 1 5/8" primaries and 3" collectors
- Ok for most angle plug heads
These S/B Chevy Clipster headers are for 1964-87 GM A*, F* and G-Body cars and fit many street rod applications with uni-body front clip suspensions. Clipster headers use longer primaries than Tight Tucks, yet shorter than full length headers. Collectors exit toward the rear of the engine compartment providing excellent ground clearance on "slammed" applications as well as clearing steering and suspension components.
1-5/8" primaries and 3" collectors. Fits straight or angle plug heads.
Header Sizing Chart (GIF)
* See NOTES tab for chassis fittment details.
NOTE: Stainless header tubing when exposed to exhaust temperature will cause the finish to change color which will vary with the exhaust temperature. Please note that the finish of the header when the engine is started, will change to a light champagne color to a darker gold finish and in some instance may even turn dark blue or purple. This can be polished back out when utilizing Blue-away or Simi-chrome polish, but please note that when the headers reach running temperature again, they will immediately change color.
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1967-1981 Camaro
- 1968-1981 Chevelle, Malibu
- 1964-1988 El Camino
- 1968-1979 Nova
- 1970-1988 Monte Carlo
- Works with angle plug heads.
- Will not work with D-port heads.
- May interfere with mechanical clutch linkage (substitute headers 930-0109).
- If fitting on an early A-Body, #5 primary tube may interfere with steering shaft. Some 'massaging' may be required.
- Will not fit with Saginaw Close Ratio 825 Steering Box.
- Does not fit 1967-69 Camaro with A/C.
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Raw Finish
1969-87 GM A/F/G Body SBC Shorty Headers, Manual Trans, Raw
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Chrome
1965-1989 SB Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
Hooker 2451-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Flowmaster 814110 Scavenger Series Elite Header, 1-5/8" Camaro
1965-89 Small Block Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Chrome
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Raw Finish
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.