Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, AHC Coated
Chevy Small Block V8, Mid-Length Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Standard Flange Style, Steel
- For '64-'87 A, F & G-body GM cars and fits many street rod applications
- 1 5/8" primaries and 3" collectors
- Ok for most angle plug heads
These S/B Chevy Clipster headers are for 1964-87 GM A*, F* and G-Body cars and fit many street rod applications with uni-body front clip suspensions. Clipster headers use longer primaries than Tight Tucks, yet shorter than full length headers. Collectors exit toward the rear of the engine compartment providing excellent ground clearance on "slammed" applications as well as clearing steering and suspension components. These ceramic coated headers provide superior performance and durability.
1-5/8" primaries and 3" collectors. Fits straight or angle plug heads.
Header Sizing Chart (GIF)
* See NOTES tab for chassis fittment details.
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1967-1981 Camaro
- 1968-1981 Chevelle, Malibu
- 1964-1988 El Camino
- 1968-1979 Nova
- 1970-1988 Monte Carlo
- Works with angle plug heads.
- Will not work with D-port heads.
- May interfere with mechanical clutch linkage (substitute headers 930-0109).
- If fitting on an early A-Body, #5 primary tube may interfere with steering shaft. Some 'massaging' may be required.
- Will not fit with Saginaw Close Ratio 825 Steering Box.
- Does not fit 1967-69 Camaro with A/C.
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering.
- Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300Ëš F.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Raw Finish
1969-87 GM A/F/G Body SBC Shorty Headers, Manual Trans, Raw
1969-1987 Small Block Chevy Shorty Headers, Manual Trans, AHC
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Chrome
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Stainless
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Doug's Headers D375Y Tri-Y Header, 1-5/8 In, 67-74 Camaro, CC
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Doug's Headers D304 4-Tube Shorty Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1964-94 GM
Flowmaster 814110 Scavenger Series Elite Header, 1-5/8" Camaro
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.