Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Universal Fit, Block Hugger Header Tube Type, Chrome, Oval Port Flange Style, Steel
- Universal header
- Complete with reducers, gaskets and bolts
- Primary tube 1 5/8" o.d. and 2 1/2" collector
- 90% of tight fit header applications require the use of shorty spark plugs
- Note: not for angle plug heads
These small-block Chevy tight-fit headers are the most universal steel tube shorty headers available. They even fit difficult applications where space is limited. These block hugger headers are a favorite for street rods, as well as many 1950s and 1960s cars and vintage trucks.
- Most tight fit header applications require the use of Accel shorty spark plugs
- Compact design
- Will NOT fit angle plug heads
- Includes reducers, gaskets and bolts
- 1-5/8" primary tubes
- 2-1/2" collector
- Head Flange Thickness: 0.35"
Header Dimensions (JPG)
Chrome Warning: Due to a revised chroming process brought on by recent EPA regulations and high labor costs, todays chrome is not the quality of days gone by. Be Aware: Exhaust components which are chrome plated are now much more susceptible to blueing, blistering, peeling & corrosion. No warranty or returns on chrome exhaust items once them have been installed.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
Header Dimension Chart (GIF)
- Can be used with most oil filter systems and transmission/starter combinations.
- Will not fit '55-'57 Chevy cars, Camaros, or other modern vehicles which have a crossmember below the engine's center two exhaust ports.
- Will not clear a "clam shell" style motor mount (found on 1973-newer Chevy cars & trucks).
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Tight Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Stainless Steel Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers
Big Block Chevy Tight-Fit, Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Speedway Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Big Block Chevy Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Raw Finish
LS1 Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight-Fit Headers for Angle Plug Heads, Raw
Small Block Ford, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.