Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers
Universal Fit, Block Hugger Header Tube Type, Painted, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Black
- These small block Chevy tight fit headers work well on early hot rods with narrow frame widths due to the slim 4" distance from the flange to outermost point
- 1-5/8" primary tubes and 2-1/2" collectors aid in fitting tight clearance applications
- These come painted black for corrosion protection prior to use - we suggest stripping the paint and applying your preferred color of high temperature header paint
- Oval exhaust ports fit stock small block Chevy heads - will not clear angle plug heads
- Come complete with gaskets, header bolts, and 2" reducers to connect to your exhaust system
These small block Chevy tight-fit headers are the most universal steel tube shorty headers available. They even fit difficult applications where space is limited. The block hugger headers are a favorite for street rods, as well as many 1950s and 1960s cars and vintage trucks.
- Most tight fit header applications require the use of Accel shorty spark plugs
- Compact design
- Will NOT fit angle plug heads
- Includes reducers, gaskets and bolts
- 1-5/8" primary tubes
- 2-1/2" collector
- Head Flange Thickness: 0.35"
Header Dimensions (JPG)
- Can be used with most oil filter systems and transmission/starter combinations.
- Will not fit '55-'57 Chevy cars, Camaros, or other modern vehicles which have a crossmember below the engine's center two exhaust ports.
- Will not clear a "clam shell" style motor mount (found on 1973-newer Chevy cars & trucks).
- Will not clear angle plug heads.
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Tight Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Tight Tuck S/B Chevy Block Hugger Headers, Black Painted
Speedway Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Big Block Chevy Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Big Block Chevy Tight-Fit, Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Small Block Chevy U-Weld-It Tight Fit Header Kit
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Small Block Ford, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.