PerTronix 1283P6 Ignitor Kit, 1949-1953 Ford Flathead, 6V Pos Ground
8-V to 16-V DC volts Voltage, -50 to 300F Temp. Range
- It is also compatible with MSD ignition boxes
- Specifically designed for the 1949-1953 Ford Flathead
- It provides increased voltage for improved performance and fuel efficiency
- Can be used with any stock point type coil or the FlameThrower 40,000 volt coil for maximum performance
- System fits neatly underneath the distributor cap and is compatible with all 6 volt positive ground systems
Never change points again with the PerTronix Ignitor System. This ignitor kit fits most 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8's and provides increased voltage for improved performance and fuel efficiency. The system fits neatly underneath the distributor cap and is compatible with all 6 volt positive ground systems.
PerTronix Ignitor Systems are designed for use with any stock point type coil or the FlameThrower 40,000 volt coil for maximum performance. Also compatible with MSD ignition boxes.
- 6 volt positive ground
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Easy installation
- Sold each
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
PerTronix 1283N6 Ignitor Kit, 1949-1953 Ford Flathead, 6V Neg Ground
PerTronix 1283P12 Ignitor Kit, 1949-1953 Ford Flathead, 12V Pos Ground
PerTronix 1283 Ignitor Kit, 1949-53 Ford Flathead, 12V
PerTronix 1261 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1949-74 Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 91283 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 91261 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1285LSP12 Ignitor Kit, 1942-48 Ford Flathead, 12V Pos Ground
PerTronix 1285LSN6 Ignitor Kit, 1942-48 Ford Flathead, 6V Neg Ground
Pertronix Ignitor Kit, 42-48 Flathead V8 w/Front Mount Dist 6 Volt POS
Pertronix 1285LS 1942-48 Flathead Distributor Ignitor Kit, 12V Neg
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.