Offenhauser 5272 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Ford Flathead V8, Many Transmissions, 4.765" Overall Width, 0.50" Overall Thickness, Aluminum
- For mating a GM manual transmission to a Ford Flathead V8
- Aluminum construction
- 1/2" thickness
- 4.6735" O.D.
- 4.765" in width
Get more performance and driveability out of your Ford Flathead V8 by hooking it up to a GM manual transmission! This adapter allows you to easily install a GM 3-, 4-, or even 5-speed transmission behind your 1932-1948 Ford or 1939-1950 Mercury Flathead V8 engine.
Permits use of your Ford clutch release shaft, fork and throwout bearing. Throwout bearing must be used with a Long-style pressure plate.
Installation Notes (PDF)
- Uses Flathead pressure plate, flywheel and throwout bearing.
- Clutch disc should match transmission being used.
- Clearancing to the inside of the bellhousing is required if using a 9 inch or larger Long-style pressure plate that contains counterweights.
- If used with a Chevy S10 T-5, you will need the following:
- Throwout bearing adapter sleeve 916-29517
- Flathead-style release bearing 910-25620
- GM T-5 Installation Notes (PDF)
- If used with a GM 3- or 4-speed, you will need the following:
- Bushing and throwout bearing kit 916-29500
- Adapter is 3-7/8" thick front-to-back
- Pilot bushing adaper I.D. is 0.590", .660" O.D., and length is .790"
- 1" thick mounting flange
560-5272 Instructions (PDF)
NotesUse your Ford clutch release shaft, fork and throwout bearing. Throwout bearing must be used with a Long-style pressure plate. Includes pilot bushing adapter.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, Ford Clutch
Offenhauser 5174 GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter, GM Clutch
Offenhauser Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Offenhauser Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Speedway Chevy T-5 Transmission to Flathead Adapter Kit
Speedway GM Manual Trans to Flathead V8 Adapter - GM Clutch
Speedway Standard Chevy Trans to Flathead Adapter Kit
Chevy Engine to Early Ford Transmission Adapter Kit
Offenhauser 5204 49-64 Ford Trans to GM Bellhousing Adapter
Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Transmission Basic Adapter Kit
Q & A
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.