BluePrint BP38318SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Cast Steel Crank
GM 383 Short Block Plus
- HP & Torque: 430 HP / 450 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP38318SP
- 4 Bolt main
- 4.00" bore
- Passenger side dipstick
- Align honed main bearing bore
- New cast iron crankshaft, 3.75" stroke
- Hypereutectic pistons, 12CC Dish
- New rods with 150,000 PSI bolts
- Hastings moly rings
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Heavy duty single roller timing set
- Harmonic balancer
- Cam Type: Roller, Lift with 1.6 rockers
- 34 degrees total (at 3500 RPM)
- Oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested - shipped with results
Bore and stroke combination makes this crate engine a 377ci displacement
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesActual displacement 377 cubic inches. Horsepower numbers are with H8002K cylinder heads installed. Recommended oil for your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic, Not for EGR
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 90 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.