1965-89 Small Block Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Chrome
Chevy Small Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Chrome, Standard Flange Style, Steel
- Long tube headers work with both automatic or manual transmissions in 1964-1989 Chevrolet chassis
- Features 1-5/8" primary tubes, 3" collectors
- Fits angled or straight plug S/B Chevy oval exhaust port heads
- Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing
- Chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1965-1989 Impala, Caprice, Bel Air, Biscayne
- 1967-1981 Camaro (except 1967-69 with factory A/C)
- 1964-1987 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1970-1987 Monte Carlo
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engines
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering
- These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Chrome Warning: Due to a revised chroming process brought on by recent EPA regulations and high labor costs, today's chrome is not the quality of days gone by. Be Aware: Exhaust components which are chrome plated are now much more susceptible to blueing, blistering, peeling & corrosion. No warranty or returns on chrome exhaust items once them have been installed.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
1965-1989 SB Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Raw Finish
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 31108FLT Mid-Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2466-3HKR Competition Shortie Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2466-4HKR Competition Shortie Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2466HKR Competition Shortie Header, Painted
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.