1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Raw Finish
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These long tube headers work with both automatic or manual transmissions in 1964-1989 Chevrolet chassis. Features 1-5/8" primary tubes, 3" collectors, and fits angled or straight plug S/B Chevy oval exhaust port heads. Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing. These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1965-1989 Impala, Caprice, Bel Air, Biscayne
- 1967-1981 Camaro (except 1967-69 with factory A/C)
- 1964-1987 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1970-1987 Monte Carlo
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engines
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads, some straight plug heads may require the use of short spark plugs
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering
- These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis
- Reducers are 3" to 2.50" and they are 5.00" long.
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner and rags or sanded/sand blasted off.
More Like This
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
1965-1989 SB Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
1965-89 Small Block Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Chrome
Hedman Vega V8 Swap Headers Only
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, Chrome
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, AHC Coated
Schoenfeld 184V High Velocity Street Stock Headers, 1-1/2 - 1-5/8 Inch
1964-1974 Big Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Raw Finish
Speedway SB Chevy Street Stock Headers, 1-5/8, 3 In Collector, Raw
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.