1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These long tube headers work with both automatic or manual transmissions in 1964-1989 Chevrolet chassis. Features 1-5/8" primary tubes, 3" collectors, and fits angled or straight plug S/B Chevy oval exhaust port heads. Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing. These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Available with metallic ceramic coating. Unlike paint or chrome, metallic ceramic coating is easy to keep clean, resists rust and corrosion and will not discolor. Metallic ceramic coating also reduces underhood temperatures.
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
Item DetailsAHC Coated
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1965-1989 Impala, Caprice, Bel Air, Biscayne
- 1967-1981 Camaro (except 1967-69 with factory A/C)
- 1964-1987 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1970-1987 Monte Carlo
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engines
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering
- These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300Ëš F.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
More Like This
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Raw Finish
1965-1989 SB Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
1965-89 Small Block Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Chrome
Dynatech® Long Tube Headers, 1-3/4 - 1-7/8, 2-1/2 Reducer, Ceramic
Speedway SB Chevy Street Stock Headers, 1-5/8 In, AHC Coated
1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, AHC Coated
1964-1974 Big Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway SB Chevy Street Stock Headers, 1-5/8, 3 In Collector, Raw
Speedway Long Tube Stepped Modified Racing Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.