Wilwood 140-11017 FDLI 11 Front Disc Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Front Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 11 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Wilwood Forged Dynalite Front Pro Series Brake Kits offer a complete disc brake upgrade solution for Mustang II-equipped street rods and classic pickups. Based on the venerable forged billet 4-piston Dynalite caliper, these versatile kits suit the braking requirements and style preferences for a daily driver, serious competition, or the most discriminating show enthusiast.
Calipers mount directly to the spindle with a bolt-on aluminum bracket. Forged billet, five lug hubs with direct mount cast iron rotors combine to provide a significant weight savings compared to stock disc brakes. Kits include all new hardware, wheel bearings, seals, brake pads, brackets, and extra length lug studs.
Aluminum hubs drilled to accept both 5-on-4-1/2" and 5-on-4-3/4" bolt patterns.
Wilwood Medium Duty Kits Feature:
- Forged 4-piston Dynalite Calipers
- 11" diameter Ultralite HP 30 Vane rotors - bare finish
- Wilwood BP-10 SmartPads - low noise, low dust
- Lightweight clear anodized aluminum hubs
Item Details+.00" Hub Offset (OEM Track Width)
Application1974 Ford Mustang II All
1974 Ford Pinto All
1975 Ford Mustang II All
1975 Ford Pinto All
1975 Mercury Bobcat All
1976 Ford Mustang II All
1976 Ford Pinto All
1976 Mercury Bobcat All
1977 Ford Mustang II All
1977 Ford Pinto All
1977 Mercury Bobcat All
1978 Ford Mustang II All
1978 Ford Pinto All
1978 Mercury Bobcat All
1979 Ford Pinto All
1979 Mercury Bobcat All
1980 Ford Pinto All
1980 Mercury Bobcat All
- If using steel wheels with this kit, you will also need to purchase (2) steel shims part 835-3007500. These shims will prevent steel wheelsfrom galling the aluminum hub.
- Using this kit on aftermarket dropped spindles will require the drilling and tapping of one 3/8"-16 hole in each spindle for mounting the cliper bracket.
- OEM rubber brake hoses generally cannot be adapted to Wilwood calipers. The caliper inlet fitting is a 1/8-27 NPT. The preferred method is to use steel adapter fittings at the caliper, either straight, 45 or 90 degree and enough steel braided line to allow for full suspension travel and turning radius, lock to lock.
- Minimum Wheel Diameter (in): 15"
- Rotor - 11" diameter x .81" thick
- Wheel Stud Diameter: 1/2"-20
- Caliper inlet fitting: 1/8" NPT
- Piston count: 4
- Piston area (in2): 4.8
- Piston type: stainless
- Brake Pad Area (in²): 6.36
More Like This
Wilwood 140-11017-DR FDLI Front Disc Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-11017-R FDLI Front Disc Brake Kit, 1974-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-13377-DP DP-DB 11 Front Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-13377-P DP-DB 11 Front Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-10440-B FDLI Front Disc Brake Kit, 1974-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-10440-BD FDLI 12.19 Front Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-12275 FNSL6R Front Disc Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-13378 DP-DB Front Disc Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-13378-D DP-DB Front Disc Brake Kit, 74-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood 140-9801 FNSL6R Front Disc Brake Kit, 1974-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Q & A
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.