Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33In, Column Shift, Plain
Universal Fit, Tilt Column Type, Column Shifter Location, Dash Key Location, 33" Overall Length
- This 5-position tilt column features a column shifter and is for those who want great performance at affordable pricing
- Tilt provision allows for easy entry and exit as well as a custom tailored steering wheel position for comfortable cruising
- Column shifter allows for use with 3 or 4 speed automatic transmissions with or without overdrive
- Integrated GM style turn signal switch with features a self-canceling mechanism and brings modern convenience to your hot rod
- GM column wiring plug works perfectly with many of the universal wiring harnesses that we offer utilizing the same column plug
These 5-position tilt columns are for those who want great performance at affordable pricing. Made from steel 2" tube. Standard 1" DD output shaft. Column accepts any 1969-94 GM car steering wheel or aftermarket adapter.
- Plain steel finish
- 33" length
- Column shift applications
- 1" DD output shaft
- 4.056" shift indicator diameter
- 3.416" down to bell shaped housing
- Wires exit tube 8.375" below the bell shaped housing
- Double D shaft extends 1.512 out the bottom of the column below the shift arm
- Standard GM wiring and plug
- Includes tilt, turn and hazard levers/knob
Be sure to include Painless Wiring's GM steering column pigtail kit (91064039) with your order for an easier installation.
A replacement turn signal switch assembly is available for this column as # 910-53237
Measures 33" long from steering wheel base to end of the 1" double D shaft. Each has a standard GM 3-7/8" wire harness, 5-position tilt, and accept stock 1969-up GM steering wheels or our custom wheels with an adapter (sold separately).
Power source for the shift indicater bulb is the black wire (with green connector on the end) that exits the column tube at the same location as the main wire loom for the ribbon plug. It can be connected to dash light power or park light power as preferred.
Main column ground is the second black wire that is attached to the column tube. There will also be a black wire in the ribbon plug that is the ground for the horn relay.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33 In, Column Shift
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32In, Column Shift, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30In, Column Shift, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30 In, Column Shift
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32 In, Column Shift
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33 Inch Long, Plain
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 33 Inch Long, Chrome
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30 Inch Long, Chrome
Q & A
Pat talks about our house brand steering columns. He explains how to measure the different lengths and suggests his favorite option for a steering wheel.
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!