Speedway Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Universal Fit, Block Hugger Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Round Port Flange Style, Steel
- These small block Chevy tight fit headers work well on early hot rods with narrow frame widths due to the slim 4" distance from the flange to outermost point
- 1-1/2" primary tubes and 2-1/2" collectors aid in fitting tight clearance applications
- AHC coating (ceramic coating) ensures long lasting good looks while also reducing under hood temperatures
- Round exhaust ports fit stock small block Chevy heads - will not clear angle plug heads
- Come complete with gaskets, header bolts, and 2" reducers to connect to your exhaust system
These S/B Chevy tight-fit headers fit even difficult applications where space is limited. For round port S/B Chevy. 1-1/2" primary with 2-1/2" collector. These block hugger headers are ceramic coated headers. Complete with reducers, gaskets, and bolts. These shorty headers are designed to make difficult installations easy.
- Drivers side collector is approx. 2" from pan rail
- Passenger side collector is approx. 1/2" from pan rail
- Flange thickness is approx. 0.212"
Will NOT fit angled plug heads. This header will NOT clear the 'clam shell' style engine mount commonly used as the stock type engine mounts on 1973-up Chevy applications.
Header Dimensions (GIF)
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300¢ª F.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Tight Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight-Fit Headers for Angle Plug Heads, Raw
Small Block Ford, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers, White Ceramic
S/B Chevy Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Angle Plug Heads, Stainless Steel
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.