PerTronix D133701 Flame-Thrower FE Ford 352, 390, 428 Distributor
Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, Socket / Female Cap Terminal Style, Magnetic Trigger Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Replace your outdated distributor with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! Features the reliable and accurate Ignitor II pickup module for maximum performance in a compact package. Compatible with most most CD ignition systems (MSD 6-Series, etc.). Fits Ford FE 352, 360, 390, 427, and 428 V8 engines.
- CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings offer maximum strength
- Housing is hand polished and buffed to a high luster
- Tempered distributor shaft for accurate timing and extended operational life
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing provide high RPM stability
- Ignitor II module with adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the RPM range
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings
- Factory set with a performance advance curve
- Additional springs for custom advance curves are provided
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass terminals and contact
- Cannot be used with solid core (wire core) ignition wires
447-13371 Instructions (PDF)
For even more performance, consider adding a Flame-Thrower coil for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential.
More Like This
PerTronix D7133800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133701 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D133800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Ford FE 352-428, Black
PerTronix D7133710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D133711 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Ford FE 352-428, Red
PerTronix D133810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Ford FE 352-428, Black
PerTronix D7133801 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.