Offenhauser 1078 1949-1953 Ford Flathead 4-Barrel Intake Manifold
Carbureted Fuel System Type, Single Plane Intake Manifold Type, One Carburetor Quantity
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This Offy single 4-barrel intake fits the 1949-53 Ford V-8 and features a Carter WCFB bolt pattern. For best results, our techs recommend the Holley 390 CFM 4-BBL which requires the Holley Flathead adapter 135-1935B.
This intake moves the generator and fan to the driver's side 3/4". This will require modifying an original fan shroud if one is used and if a belt/driven fan is being utilized.
You may also need to purchase 560-6091, 4" tall carb spacer (in addition to 135-1935B) to use a Holley carb on this intake. The spacer gets the carb high enough so that the base will clear the water hoses.
- For 1949-53 Ford Flathead, 4-barrel carbs
- Requires Holley carb, adaptor, and spacer for best results
- Single Plane
- On 1949-53 Flathead intakes there are two large holes on the front drivers side. The front hole was originally for the draft tube and measured 1.25". The rear hole was for the oil fill tube and was 1.375".
- The Offy single 4-barrel intake is drilled for the early ’50s small Carter WCFB carb-mounting pattern, so an adapter is mandatory with a Holley carb, even if you don’t have other linkage- or choke-clearance issues.
- Using Offy’s preferred four-hole, ½-inch spacer (PN 4006) with a street Holley carb on a ’49–’53 motor would require a manual choke and cut-down throttle linkage.
More Like This
Edelbrock 1107 1949-1953 Ford Flathead Single 4-Barrel Intake
Offenhauser 1076 1949-1953 Ford Flathead Super Dual Intake Manifold
Offenhauser 1077 1949-1953 Ford Flathead Triple Carb Intake Manifold
Offenhauser 1075 1949-1953 Ford Flathead Regular Dual Intake Manifold
Speedway 1932-1953 Flathead Intake Manifold, Single Plane
Speedway 1949-53 Ford Flathead V8 Dual Carb Intake Manifolds
Eddie Meyer 1949-1953 Flathead Intake Manifold
Edelbrock 1109 1949-53 Ford Flathead Triple Deuce Intake Manifold
Offenhauser 1079 1932-1948 Ford Flathead 4-Barrel Intake Manifold
Offenhauser 1090 1932-1948 Ford Flathead Regular Dual Intake Manifold
Q & A
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.
Dave gives a few tips on how to select the appropriate intake manifold for your project.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim talks about his favorite intake manifold, the Might Edelbrock X1.