Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Works with factory power steering and power brakes
65-89 Chevy Full Size
64-87 Chevelle/El Camino
70-87 Monte Carlo
78-81 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am
77-87 Pontiac Phoenix/Ventura/Grand Prix
78-87 Olds Cutlass/442
Tube Size 1.6250" x 30" O.D.
Collector Size 3" O.D.
More Like This
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2130-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2454-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2454-4HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2458-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2458-4HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2819-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2850-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2130-3HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.