Hooker 2451-3HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Chevy Small Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Standard Flange Style
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available. The Darkside coating also provides improved thermal resistance as compared to traditional silver ceramic (1700° F vs. 1300° F) making it highly recommended for supercharged or nitrous applications as well as for reduced under-hood temperatures.
- Provides unique styling enhancement that is equally pleasing in either a nostalgic retro application or a modern hi-tech build. As this coating is not burnished after its application, the surface appearance is more consistent than that of a silver cerami
- Increased corrosion protection ensures long service life and maintained appearance of investment
- High-efficiency thermal properties limit heat migration through the header assembly, which in turn lowers under-hood temperatures for more performance
- Provides a higher heat tolerance threshold than available from silver ceramics (ours or any of our competitor™s) and is therefore recommended for any applications producing elevated exhaust gas temperatures, such as when using superchargers and/or nitrou
- Formulated to withstand extreme temperatures (stability rating is 1700° F vs 1300° F on silver ceramic) without discoloration and maintains excellent adhesion even after repeated thermal cycling
- Works with factory power steering and power brakes
65-89 Chevy Full Size
64-87 Chevelle/El Camino
70-87 Monte Carlo
78-81 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am
77-87 Pontiac Phoenix/Ventura/Grand Prix
78-87 Olds Cutlass/442
Tube Size 1.6250" x 30" O.D.
Collector Size 3" O.D.
NotesWill not fit angle plug cylinder heads. Tube number 1 and 6 has a factory dent to allow plug clearance. Will work with factory air conditioning with the use of Hooker brackets. The paint applied to these headers is a temporary coating only and is designed to burn off during use. High temperature paint or other high temperature coatings are recommended.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 25 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hooker 2451-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2451HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Painted
Hooker 2451-2HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Stainless
Hooker 2466-3HKR Competition Shortie Header, Black Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2466-4HKR Competition Shortie Header, Titanium Ceramic Coated
Hooker 2466HKR Competition Shortie Header, Painted
Doug's Headers D304 4-Tube Shorty Header, 1-5/8 Inch, 1964-94 GM
Flowtech 31108FLT Mid-Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Flowtech 11108FLT Mid Length Header
Flowtech 31100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.