Flo-Tek 101505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Angle Plug
Chevy Small Block V8, Assembled Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural, Angle Spark Plug Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
You don't sacrifice quality for a low price - get both with a Flo-Tek aluminum cylinder head. This Chevy aluminum head is loaded with high end features like bronze valve guides, Multi angle valve job, and 3/8" screw-in rocker studs with guideplates. These are a pre-1986 design small block Chevy cylinder head.
These fully assembled heads have single valve springs (with flat wire inner damper) with a seat pressure of 130 lbs. For use with solid (mechanical) flat tappet or hydraulic flat tappet cams up to .550 lift. Valves used are +.100" long and must be used in conjunction with aftermarket aluminum roller rocker arms to clear valve springs used which are 1.46" diameter. The valve springs on these heads have 115 lbs @ 1.900" installed height and 240 lbs of open pressure at .550" lift which is the max lift spec as well.
- Head is sold individually
- 180cc intake runners
- 62cc exhaust runners
- 64cc combustion chambers
- 2.02" and 1.60" stainless steel valves
- High performance springs for .550" lift
- Compatible with most flat tappet camshafts
- Multi angle valve job
- Bronze guides
- Viton positive valve seals
- 3/8" screw-in studs and guide plates
- Weighs 28 pounds assembled
- Valve Lift .400" .500" .600"
- Intake 206 237 244
- Exhaust 165 177 187
- 271C57YC spark plugs (14mm thread, 5/8" hex, flat gasket, .750" reach)
- Fel-Pro 1034 or 1010 head gaskets
- +.100" length hardened pushrods (use length checker to establish correct length)
- Torque head bolts in 3 stages:
- Upper bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 80 lbs.
- Lower bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 75 lbs.
Our Techs Recommend:
- Rocker Arms: 57533501 or 57523501
- Cam and Lifter Kits: 282122102 or 282122112 (for mild street use and hot rod sound without having to use a higher stall converter for an automatic transmission)
- Intake Gasket: FelPro 1205 gasket works best with this head (if using a 1204 you will need to do a little trimming around the ports)
Note: The heads will accept radical street cams such as number 282122144 but other requirements will need to be addressed along with this cam choice.
Valve springs are suitable for most hydraulic flat tappet and mild street hydraulic roller camshafts
More Like This
Flo-Tek 102505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight Plug
Flo-Tek 102500 Bare S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight Plug
Flo-Tek 101500 Bare S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Angle Plug
Dart 127111 SHP 180CC Bare Engine Cylinder Head, Straight, S/B Chevy
Dart 127121 SHP 180CC Assembled Engine Cylinder Head-Small Block Chevy
Dart 127322 SHP 200CC Assembled Engine Cylinder Head-Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5085 E-210 Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 608979 RPM SCCA Cylinder Head Small Block Chevy
World S/R Small Block Chevy Cylinder Heads, Straight Plug, 1.94/1.50
World Sportsman II Small Block Chevy Iron Heads, Straight Plug
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Illustration showing the various styles of engine heads you may encounter on the Small Block Chevy engine.
Engine Cylinder Numbers
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.