Dressed 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dynoed
604 GM Chevy Crate Engine, Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type, 400 horsepower Horsepower
- Dressed version includes distributor, distributor clamp, spark plug wires, and fuel pump block off plate in addition to the GM supplied crate engine
- IMCA sealed and approved for use in IMCA
- Dyno-verified horsepower and torque and will include a dyno sheet of your engine
- Piston rings are broken-in using a proprietary dyno program to ensure proper ring seal which increases horsepower
- Lifter preload and timing are set prior to break in procedure for race ready performance right out of the crate
Run up front with the 400-horsepower CT400 crate engine (often referred to as the "604 crate") featuring Fast Burn heads from GM Performance Parts. Now, Speedway Motors Racing Engines is offering this 604 crate engine as a dressed & dyno-verified package that is ready to race!
These IMCA-sealed 604 crate racing engines are based on the popular Fast Burn 385 street crate engine, but include a racing-only 8-quart circle track oil pan with dual kick-out design, along with a valve cover breather kit and special "kool nut" rocker arm design. The assembly also includes an open-plenum high-rise intake manifold and 1.5:1-ratio aluminum roller rockers.
The 604 crate engine includes a bulletproof bottom end, anchored by a forged steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons. The 23-degree, Fast Burn aluminum heads enable tremendous power in the small-block V-8 because of a unique chamber design that quickly and completely burns all of the air/fuel mixture – giving you maximum power. With the CT400 racing engine under the hood of your Modified or Late Model, you'll put a "fast burn" on the competition.
- Dyno-verified horsepower and torque
- Piston rings are broken-in using a proprietary dyno program
- Lash and timing are individually tuned
- MSD Pro-Billet distributor is installed & timed
- Engine is ready to race, right out of the crate
- IMCA-sealed for equal competition
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
- 400 HP @ 5500 RPM
- 400 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
- 4.00" x 3.48" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression ratio
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .474" intake / .510" exhaust
- Cam duration @ .050": 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms
- 2.00" Intake / 1.55" Exhaust valves
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers w/ breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8 quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- MSD Pro-Billet85501distributor
- Moroso Ultra 40 spark plug wires, black, under-header (terminals installed)
- Spark plugs
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- Fuel pump block-off plate
- Dyno sheet of your engine
- IMCA-issued bolts and is approved for use in IMCA
*Check track/series rules for approved applications.
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter, and water pump (not included).
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only - not intended for street use.
GM CT400 Spec Sheet (PDF)
GM CT400 Spec Sheet (PDF)
NotesBroke-in, dyno-verified HP/TQ, and IMCA-sealed for competition. Includes distributor (installed & timed) and fitted spark plug wires.
- This item 1218604 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Decode small block Chevy engine suffix codes and block casting numbers with our SBC decoding info guide. Learn how to find and decipher your small block Chevy engine codes quickly and easily!
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.