MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, Not Hall Effect
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This strong, billet aluminum distributor is set up for engines that run locked-out timing or an MSD Timing Computer. With no advance assembly, the rotor plate is welded directly to the oversized shaft. A sealed ball bearing guides the top of the shaft while an extra long sintered bushing stabilizes the lower portion. Trigger signals are produced via a high-output magnetic pick-up. This pickup is extremely accurate and never requires adjustment. Since this distributor is designed primarily for race engines, an oversized (.006”) bronze gear is installed along with an adjustable slip collar for modified blocks, heads or intake manifolds.
- Designed primarily for race applications with no mechanical advance
- Ideal for the 604 Crate Engine application
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with a 0.006” oversized bronze gear installed
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series Ignition.
Locked-out Timing from the factory.
Adjustable slip collar allows you to adjust the distributors height. This is great for engines with modified intakes and deck heights.
More Like This
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 85705 Chevy Pro-Billet Distributor, Late Model/Modified
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
MSD 84697 Chevy V8 Crank Trigger Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.