BluePrint BP4002CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 400 - Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 508 HP / 473 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Forged Pistons
- Roller Cam
- Forged Crank
- Part #: BP4002CT1
- BRAND NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block
- 4 Bolt Mains
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- New forged crankshaft - 3.750" stroke & 5.7" rods
- GM connecting rods
- 150,000 psi rod bolts
- Forged pistons
- Hastings moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- High volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Roller lifters
- BluePrint aluminum - 64cc chamber
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.08 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# HP8103
- Cam Type: Roller
- .555 Intake .576 Exhaust
- 236 Intake / 242 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110Â° lobe separation
- 10-16 degree initial and total timing 32-34 degree at 3500 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NEW BluePrint block manufactured and machined in the USA! Not for EGR
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 227BP4002CT1 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
BluePrint 496 Stroker Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Power Adder
BluePrint 540 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Power Adder
BluePrint 632 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Fuel Injected
BluePrint 376 LS3 Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint 350 Chevy Dressed Longblock with Carburetor, Pulley Kit
BluePrint 383, Dressed, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam, 87 Octane
BluePrint 598 ProSeries Stroker Shortblock, Standard Deck
BluePrint PSM5400CTC1 Chevy 540 Pro Series Marine, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.