Wilwood 140-13477 Classic Series Dynalite Front Disc Brake Kit, 11 In.
Front Position, 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern, 11.30 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type, Gray
Wilwood's Classic Series front disc brake kits for 1970 to 1973 Ford Mustangs offer disc brake upgrade solutions for OEM Drum or Disc spindles. These kits feature the FDL-M four piston forged aluminum caliper and 11.30" diameter x 0.94” thick one-piece rotors. The FDL-M caliper is a modified version of the time-tested Forged Dynalite caliper, and provides the greatest amount of wheel clearance of any four piston caliper in its size class. The OEM style one-piece cast iron rotors with integrated hubs simplify installation while providing superb dimensional stability and wear resistance.These versatile kits are easily optioned to suit the braking requirements and style preferences for a daily driver or the most discriminating show enthusiast. Intended vehicle applications require no modifications for installation, and clear most 14" OEM wheels. Classic Series FDL-M kits can be used with either manual or power boost master cylinders, and come complete with calipers, rotors, brackets, hardware, flex lines and detailed installation instructions.
- Spindle Type: Factory Drum Spindle, Factory Disc Spindle
- Mount Type: Lug
- Wheel Diameter: 14 Inches
- Caliper: 120-13529
- Type: Forged Dynalite-M
- Finish: Black Anodized
- Piston Count: 4
- Piston Type: Stainless
- Mount Type:Lug
- Brake Pad Compound: BP-10
- Rotor: 160-13481
- Type: 1 Pc Hub and Rotor
- Style: Plain Face
- Surface Finish: Plain
- Material: Iron
- Diameter: 11.3"
- Width: .94"
- Vane Count: Vented
- Design Type: ULHP
Assembly Instructions (PDF)
Wheel Clearance Diagram (PDF)
Note: Brake Kits are designed to fit OE Factory Spindles. Contact Speedway Motors if you are not using a factory spindle.
- Ford Fairlane 1970-1971 Disc Brake Spindle
- Ford Fairlane 1970 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Ford Falcon 1970 Disc Brake Spindle
- Ford Falcon 1970 Drum Brake Front from 8/25/69
- Ford Maverick 1970 Drum Brake Front from 8/25/69
- Ford Maverick 1971-1974 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Ford Mustang 1970 Disc Brake Front Except GT350 & 500
- Ford Mustang 1973 Disc Brake Front Spindle
- Ford Mustang 1971-1972 Disc Brake Spindle
- Ford Mustang 1970-1973 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Ford Ranchero 1970-1971 Disc Brake Spindle
- Ford Ranchero 1970 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Ford Torino 1970-1971 Disc Brake Spindle
- Ford Torino 1970-1971 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Mercury Comet 1970-1971 Disc Brake Spindle
- Mercury Comet 1970-1973 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Mercury Cougar 1973 Disc Brake Front Spindle
- Mercury Cougar 1970-1972 Disc Brake Spindle
- Mercury Cougar 1970-1972 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Mercury Cyclone 1970 Disc Brake Spindle
- Mercury Cyclone 1970 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- Mercury Montego 1970-1971 Disc Brake Spindle
- Mercury Montego 1970-1971 Drum Brake Front Spindle
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 7 business days for Wilwood to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Wilwood Disc Brake Kit, 49-54 Chevy Spindles, 4-Piston, Vented Rotor
Wilwood 140-7141 Rear E-Brake Kit - GM 12 Bolt Axle
Wilwood 140-12549-DN Dynapro SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-12551-DN Dynapro SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-12555-DN Dynapro Dual SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kt
Wilwood 140-13952-D Forged Dynapro Low-Profile Rear Parking Brake
Wilwood 140-14129-DN Dynapro SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14146-DN Dynapro SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14147-DN Dynapro Dual SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kt
Wilwood 140-14148-DN Dynapro SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kit
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.
Follow along as Speedway Tech Kevin W. updates the brakes on his Bel Air with a modern disc brake conversion kit.