Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Unpainted
Ford 9", Rear Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, Solid Rotor Type, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Speedway Ford 9" Rear End Disc Brake Kit provides an easy to install, bolt on solution for upgrading your pre-1980 Ford passenger car 9” rear-end to disc brake performance. Speedway's Ford 9" Rear End Disc Brake Kit is unique in that it provides all the brackets and flanges that fit the three most popular sizes of the 9” rear end (3-3/8” x 2”, 3-1/2” x 2-3/8”, 3-9/19” x 2” ). This eliminates all guesswork when purchasing and installing the kit. The DBK9 comes in both standard and high performance models. The high performance LX kits upgrade to cross-drilled and slotted rotors and stainless steel braided brake lines.
- Unpainted Rear Single Piston Calipers
- D154 Pads Included
- Stainless Steel Brake Hoses
- Caliper Brackets
- E-Brake Cables
- Mounting Hardware
- E-Brake Rear Loaded Calipers
- Brackets & Flanges to fit:
- 3-3/8” x 2”
- 3-1/2” x 2-3/8”
- 3-9/19” x 2”
- Drilled/ Slotted Rotors
- Drilled 5x4.5" for 1/2" Studs
- Drilled 5x4.75" for 7/16 Studs
- The installation of disc brakes will require the use of 15" disc brake wheels. Any attempt to install disc brake with a 14" wheel will be the installers responsibility.
- This kit is an aftermarket solution. It is not intended to be a direct installation or OEM replacement. Due to changes in production in certain years, your application may require modifications beyond these instructions for this kit to install properly.
- The inside diameter of this rotor will accept an axle flange that has a diameter of 6-1/4" or smaller. If your axle flange exceeds 6-1/4" in diameter, you will need machine your axle flange to decrease your axle flange diameter to fit this rotor as necessary.
- When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
More Like This
Speedway 8 & 9 Inch Ford Disc Brake Conversion Kit w/ E-Brake
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Rearend Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Red
Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Black
Speedway 9 in. Ford Truck Rear End Disc Brake Kit
Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-Brake
AFCO 7250-0100 Ford 9 Inch Axle Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-10012-DR FNSL4R 14 Inch Rear Parking Brake Kit, Big Ford
Wilwood 140-10012-P FNSL4R 14 In Rear Parking Brake Kit, Big Ford 2.50
Wilwood 140-10012-R FNSL4R 14 In Rear Parking Brake Kit, Big Ford 2.50
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Early Ford Bolt-on Brake Conversion
Follow along as Speedway Tech Kevin W. updates the brakes on his Bel Air with a modern disc brake conversion kit.
In this Tech Tip, John confirms a customer question regarding the need for a proportioning valve on his ’55 F100 brake build.
Steve replaces the factory GM 8.5" 10-bolt rear end on his '76 Chevrolet Laguna S3 with a GM 10 & 12 bolt bolt-on rear disc brake kit.