Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Red
Ford 9", Rear Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 11 Inch Rotor Diameter, Red
- Easy to install, bolt on rear disc brake kit for your pre-1980 Ford passenger car 9 Inch rear-end
- Features drilled/slotted rotors, red single piston calipers w/ pads, braided stainless hoses, E-brake loaded calipers, as well as all brackets & hardware
- The rotors have a dual drilled bolt pattern for use with 5 on 4.5" or 5 on 4.75"
- This kit also includes detailed instructions for a quick and painless installation
- Requires use of 15" or larger wheels due to clearance
The Speedway Ford 9" Rear End Disc Brake Kit provides an easy to install, bolt on solution for upgrading your pre-1980 Ford passenger car 9” rear-end to disc brake performance. Speedway's Ford 9" Rear End Disc Brake Kit is unique in that it provides all the brackets and flanges that fit the three most popular sizes of the 9” rear end (3-3/8” x 2”, 3-1/2” x 2-3/8”, 3-9/19” x 2” ). This eliminates all guesswork when purchasing and installing the kit. The DBK9 comes in both standard and high performance models. The high performance LX kits upgrade to cross-drilled and slotted rotors and stainless steel braided brake lines.
- Red Rear Single Piston Calipers
- D154 Pads Included
- Stainless Steel Brake Hoses
- Caliper Brackets
- E-Brake Cables
- Mounting Hardware
- E-Brake Rear Loaded Calipers
- Brackets & Flanges to fit:
- 3-3/8” x 2”
- 3-1/2” x 2-3/8”
- 3-9/19” x 2”
- Drilled/ Slotted Rotors
- Drilled 5x4.5" for 1/2" Studs
- Drilled 5x4.75" for 7/16 Studs
- Fits Small Bearing Rear Ends
- 11.50" Vented Rotors
- Center Opening Of 2.78"
- The installation of disc brakes will require the use of 15" disc brake wheels. Any attempt to install disc brake with a 14" wheel will be the installers responsibility.
- This kit is an aftermarket solution. It is not intended to be a direct installation or OEM replacement. Due to changes in production in certain years, your application may require modifications beyond these instructions for this kit to install properly.
- The inside diameter of this rotor will accept an axle flange that has a diameter of 6-1/8" or smaller. If your axle flange exceeds 6-1/8" in diameter, you will need machine your axle flange to decrease your axle flange diameter to fit this rotor as necessary.
- When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Unpainted
Universal Ford 9" Rear-End Disc Brake Conversion Kit, Black
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Rearend Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
Speedway 9 in. Ford Truck Rear End Disc Brake Kit
Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-Brake
Wilwood 140-11387 FDLI LP Rear Brake Kit, Big Ford 2.36 Off
Wilwood 140-11387-D FDLI LP Rear Brake Kit, Big Ford 2.36 Off
Wilwood 140-11393 FDLI LP Rear Brake Kit, Small Ford 2.66 Off
Wilwood 140-11402-P FDLI LP Rear Brake Kit, New Big Ford 2.36 Off
Wilwood 140-11403-D FDLI LP Rear Brake Kit, Small Ford 2.50 Off
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
Follow along as Speedway Tech Kevin W. updates the brakes on his Bel Air with a modern disc brake conversion kit.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.