Small Block Chevy 1935-48 Fat Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Universal Fit, Fenderwell Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Standard Flange Style, Steel
- For 1935 to 1948 fat fendered street rods and pickups with a small block Chevy engine
- Perfect for Gasser-style rods and drag cars as well
- 1-5/8" long primary tubes curve over the frame and through the fender wells
- AHC coating withstands high temperatures for a long lasting shine as well as reducing under hood temperatures
- Includes 2-1/4" collector reducers, collector gaskets, header gaskets, header bolts and collector bolts
These small-block Chevy 265-400 V8 headers are designed for optimum performance in a variety of 1935-1948 fat-fendered street rod and pickup applications. Perfect for Gasser-style rods and drag cars, the ceramic coated headers have long primary tubes that curve over the frame and through the fender wells. You must cut the inner fender panels to make them fit. These fender well, ceramic coated headers provide superior performance and durability.
Includes collectors, collector gaskets, header gaskets, header bolts, and collector bolts.
- Can be used with most oil filter system or transmission and starter combination.
- Fits most angle plug heads.
- Check motor mount position before ordering.
- Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles.
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300° F.
WarrantiesAHC coated headers will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures above 1300 degrees. An excessively lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures over 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is burned (which will look like a dull gray) due to a lean condition, it is not warrantied, but the headers can be recoated.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Fat Fender Chrome Headers
Small Block Chevy 1935-48 Fat Fenderwell Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Ford, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy 1932 Hi-Boy Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Ford Flathead V8 Center Dump Headers, AHC
Small Block Ford Sprint Roadster Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.