Set of 6 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Chrome Finish
Universal Fit, 6 x 2-Barrel Carburetor Barrels, Gasoline Fuel Type, Manual Choke Type, Chrome
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Speedway Motors now offers a reproduction version of one of the most popular carburetors ever used, the original Stromberg 97! Original equipment on 30s and 40s cars and trucks, the Stromberg 97 has long been favored by flathead hot rodders and racers who realized the performance qualities of this timeless fuel supplier.
There have been numerous attempts to reproduce this unit, with little success. "Speedy" Bill Smith of Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Nebraska, took on the challenge to make a great product even better. The 9 Super 7® Carb brings this reproduction of the original Stromberg 97 2 barrel carb into the 21st Century!
Speedway Motors has incorporated all of the improvements shown above while maintaining the carburetors original look. Features such as the choke assembly, accelerator pump, main jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result!
Aesthetically, the 9 Super 7® is nearly identical to the stock unit, minus the large 97 logo that appeared on the side and the patent numbers found on the float bowl area. Upgraded internal parts include; the float, needle, and seat. Jetting and power valve settings remain as they were for the original 97 carbs as well as the cfm and vacuum specs.
The other similarity that the 9 Super 7® Carb shares with the original 97 is the setup and tuning necessary to yield a well-running machine. While perhaps not as simple as bolting on a single four-barrel, the 9 Super 7® makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All thats required is an intake, alinkage system, a Uni-Syn syncing tool, and a little patience. Our chrome 6 Carb kits come with two primary carburetor and four secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs and the 3 carb kits use one primary carb and 2 secondary carbs.. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7® in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb tri power set-up.
- Six carburetor setups come with two "primary" carbs and four "secondary" carbs
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Features original Stromberg 0.97" venturi diameter
- Modern Nitrophyl float and Neoprene gaskets
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Grose-style jet valve wont corrode in modern fuel, something the original needle and seat units cant do
- Comes with a No. 65 power valve and 0.045" main jets, identical to the stock 97
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
- Primary Carb - (2) Middle Position
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Secondary Carb - (4) Front and Rear Position
- Special base plate with no idle circuits or choke linkage
- Special butterflies and shafts installed
- Works best with progressive linkage
- Idle only off the center or main carburetor
- No more plug foul
Note: The secondary carbs have NO choke, and they have NO idle system.
Recipient of the NSRA 2009 Best New Product Award
Recipient of the Goodguys Best New Product Award - Engine and Transmission, Goodguys PPG Nationals 2009
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor. A fuel regulator such as # 560-58500 must be utilized in order to keep proper fuel pressure at the 1-1/2 to 4 psi range.
- There are no provisions for a vacuum advance line. Ford & Mercury engines 1949-1953 using stock distributors will need an alternative place to connect the vacuum line.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
See what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7® here.
NotesThis Product is a Kit. (2) #91511657 is a Primary Carburetor and (4) #91511658 are the Secondary Carburetors.
What's In The Kit
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome FinishPart # 91511657Qty x 2
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome FinishPart # 91511658Qty x 4
More Like This
Set of 6 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Plain Finish
Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome Finish
Pair of Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Chrome Finish
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain Finish
Set of 3 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Plain Finish
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Chrome Finish
Pair of Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Chrome Finish
Set of 3 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetors, Chrome Finish
Pair of Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Plain Finish
Pair of Secondary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carbs, Plain Finish
Q & A
Tim talks about his favorite intake manifold, the Might Edelbrock X1.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.
Tim talks about the vintage carburetor options we have available.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!