Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Ford Spindle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Stock Height Suspension Height Adjustment
- Spring pads are adjustable on the axle for different frame widths (welding required)
- Specially designed to fit the 1937-41 Ford style spindles
- You can choose axle length from kingpin to kingpin, or order a custom length
- Kit includes tube axle w/ welded ends (0.250" wall tubing)
- Comes with two 1-3/4" spring shackles w/ nylon bushings and two 32" six-leaf springs
If you are looking for that "up in the front" gasser look or just need a straight axle, weve got your deal! We can supply you a complete semi-elliptical straight axle front end kit with springs and hardware. For 1937-41 Ford style spindles.
Gasser Build Info (PDF)
Plain steel, universal application, professionally engineered. The spring pads are adjustable on the axle for different frame widths (welding required). Choose axle length from kingpin to kingpin, or order a custom length.
- tube axle w/ welded ends (0.250" wall tubing)
- two axle pads and U-bolts
- two 1-3/4" spring shackles w/ nylon bushings
- two frame mounting brackets
- two 32" six-leaf springs
- all hardware
For custom width axle, specify length in comments section of shopping cart at checkout.
- Not For Off-Road Race Use
Tie Rod Length Needed (using flat plate steering arms):
- 44" Axle - 43" eye-to-eye link
- 46" Axle - 45" eye-to-eye link
- 48" Axle - 47" eye-to-eye link
- 50" Axle - 49" eye-to-eye link
- Spring Arch: 4-3/4"
- Total Leaves: 6 (each 1/4" thick)
- Spring Rate: 400 lbs/inch
- Axle Tube: 2.00" O.D.
916-3903 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Chevy Spindle
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Chevy Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 52-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 52-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 56-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Speedway Motors Straight Axle Front Suspension Kit, Solid I-Beam
Speedway Motors Straight Axle Front Suspension Kit,Drilled I-Beam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.
Check out these great tips and tricks on how to successfully lower the stance on a Chevy Bel Air.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Follow this guide on how to install a splined sway bar for GM A-body applications. See the installation process on a '68 Chevelle frame using stock control arms and factory chassis bolt and pad locations.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.