Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, 4 Inch Lowered Suspension Height Adjustment
- Semi-Elliptical 'Gasser' front end kit
- 37-'48 early Ford Spindles
- Universal application with adjustable spring pads for different frame widths
- Welding required
- Includes 4" dropped axle-2" O.D., two axle pads and U-Bolts, two 1 3/4" spring shackles with bushings, two frame mounting brackets, two 31 1/4" six-leaf springs 1 3/4" wide
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Black steel, universal application, professionally engineered. Spring pads to be welded to the axle by the builder and are therefore adjustable on the axle for different frame widths. For 1937-1941 Ford style spindles.
Gasser Build Info (PDF)
- 48" double bend tube axle w/ welded ends (0.250" wall tubing)
- two axle pads and U-bolts
- two 1-3/4" spring shackles w/ nylon bushings
- two frame mounting brackets
- two 32" 6-leaf springs
- all hardware
'for ''37-''41 Ford style spindles.'
- Not For Off-Road Race Use
- Spring Arch: 4-3/4"
- Total Leaves: 6 (each 1/4" thick)
- Spring Rate: 400 lbs/inch
- Axle Tube: 2.00" O.D.
- Axle Width: 48" kingpin center-to-center
916-3903 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Dropped Gasser Front Axle, Ford Spindle, 48 Inch Wide, 4 Inch DropPart # 91035114Qty x 1
Super Glide® Front Spring, 48 Inch Axle, Standard Eye, PlainPart # 91033029Qty x 2
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Mounting HardwarePart # 91639030Qty x 1
More Like This
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Chevy Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Chevy Spindle, 4 Inch Drop
Spring-Behind 6 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles, Chrome
Spring-Over 6 Inch Drop Front End for Chevy Spindles, Chrome
Ford Spindles - 4-Bar Spring-Behind Front End Kit, Chrome
Spring-Over 4 Inch Drop Front End for Ford Spindles, Stainless
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End - Chevy Spindles Stainless
Speedway Spring-Over 6 In Drop Front End for Ford Spindles, Stainless
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
Check out these great tips and tricks on how to successfully lower the stance on a Chevy Bel Air.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.