Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, 4 Inch Lowered Suspension Height Adjustment
- Semi-Elliptical 'Gasser' front end kit
- 37-'48 early Ford Spindles
- Universal application with adjustable spring pads for different frame widths
- Welding required
- Includes 4" dropped axle-2" O.D., two axle pads and U-Bolts, two 1 3/4" spring shackles with bushings, two frame mounting brackets, two 31 1/4" six-leaf springs 1 3/4" wide
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Black steel, universal application, professionally engineered. Spring pads to be welded to the axle by the builder and are therefore adjustable on the axle for different frame widths. For 1937-1941 Ford style spindles.
- 48" double bend tube axle w/ welded ends (0.250" wall tubing)
- two axle pads and U-bolts
- two 1-3/4" spring shackles w/ nylon bushings
- two frame mounting brackets
- two 32" 6-leaf springs
- all hardware
'for ''37-''41 Ford style spindles.'
- Not For Off-Road Race Use
- Spring Arch: 4-3/4"
- Total Leaves: 6 (each 1/4" thick)
- Spring Rate: 400 lbs/inch
- Axle Tube: 2.00" O.D.
- Axle Width: 48" kingpin center-to-center
916-3903 Instructions (PDF)
Gasser Build Info (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Dropped Gasser Front Axle, Ford Spindle, 48 Inch Wide, 4 Inch DropPart # 91035114Qty x 1
Super Glide® Front Spring, 48 Inch Axle, Standard Eye, PlainPart # 91033029Qty x 2
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Mounting HardwarePart # 91639030Qty x 1
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.