MSD 83873 Black Distributor, 426/440 Chrysler V8
426 Wedge Chrysler Big Block V8, 440 Chrysler Big Block V8, 426 Chrysler Hemi V8, Black
The Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires to the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engines idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range.
The Ready-to-Run features MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine’s needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice. Includes a separate tach circuit that is ideal to trigger a tach or an aftermarket EFI such as an Atomic EFI system.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Built-in rev limiter to protect your engine
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base for long life and great looks
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing providing smooth operation
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate for superior strength
- Fits Chrysler 426/440 V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
PerTronix D343711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chrysler 413-440/Hemi
Holley 565-203 EFI Dual Sync Chrysler Wedge Distributor
PerTronix D143800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
Pertronix D143700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D143801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
PerTronix D143701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
MSD 8387 Chrysler 440-426 Ready-to-Run Distributor
MSD 23833 Dual Sync Distributor, Chrysler 426, 440, Black
MSD 85465 Pro-Billet Distributor, Chrysler 426, 440, Black
MSD 8546 Chrysler 426,440 Pro-Billet Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.