MSD 83873 Black Distributor, 426/440 Chrysler V8
426 Wedge Chrysler Big Block V8, 440 Chrysler Big Block V8, 426 Chrysler Hemi V8, Black
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
The Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires to the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engines idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range.
The Ready-to-Run features MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine’s needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice. Includes a separate tach circuit that is ideal to trigger a tach or an aftermarket EFI such as an Atomic EFI system.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Built-in rev limiter to protect your engine
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base for long life and great looks
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing providing smooth operation
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate for superior strength
- Fits Chrysler 426/440 V8
More Like This
MSD 85463 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 426/440 Chrysler
PerTronix D343711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chrysler 413-440/Hemi
Holley EFI 565-103 EFI Dual Sync Distributor, Big Block Chrysler
PerTronix D343710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chrysler 413-440/Hemi
PerTronix D143800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D7143810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D7143710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D143810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D7143811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D143811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.