MSD 8387 Chrysler 440-426 Ready-to-Run Distributor
440 Chrysler Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Natural
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by sealed ball bearings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with a HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- No MSD Ignition Control required
- Fits 426-440 engines
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 83873 Black Distributor, 426/440 Chrysler V8
MSD 8546 Chrysler 426,440 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8386 Chrysler 383-400 Ready to Run Distributor
Pertronix D143700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D143701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
HEI Distributor, Chrysler 318/360 V8, Red
MSD 8388 Chrysler 318-360, Ready to Run Distributor
PerTronix D143800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D143801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
MSD 8545 Chrysler 383,400 Pro-Billet Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.