MSD 83653 Black Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical and Vacuum Advance Type, Black
- Kit provides a complete performance HEI distributor upgrade for Chevy V8 engines
- Comes with a stainless steel distributor cap for long life and superior performance
- A special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- The advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Features a CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base anodized black for a clean look
All the performance and benefits of a GM HEI in a sleek black package. Replaces GM HEI distributors that use a 4-pin ignition module.
The Chevrolet HEI Distributor is a favorite for muscle cars, street rods and even circle track racers. The integrated coil keeps underhood wiring clean, and for race cars, the idea of running one wire to the distributor keeps things simple. However, when it comes to performance, the stock HEI falls short. MSD answers the need for a strong, accurate and high performance HEI with our Pro-Billet HEI. The distributor is supplied with our Digital HEI Module and Coil so there is plenty of spark energy combined with improved dwell and timing control. Tig welded on top of the distributor shaft is MSD’s adjustable centrifugal advance assembly. The supplied advance curve kit comes with springs and stop bushings letting you dial in different timing curves to match your driving needs. Plus, there’s a vacuum advance for those concerned with economy. All of this is assembled around a precision and great looking CNC machined housing that is black anodized for great looks. The distributor is supplied with our cap, rotor, coil cover and heavy duty gear so it is ready to install in your engine!
- A complete performance HEI distributor upgrade for Chevy V8 engines
- Supplied with stainless steel distributor cap for long life and superior performance
- Full spark energy output to 9,000 RPM
- Supplied with an 8.5 amp, single spark, inductive discharge ignition module, MSD PN 83647, and MSD HEI Coil, PN 8225
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can easily be locked out for racing or EFI applications
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base anodized black for a clean look
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- CARB E.O. Approved
The PN 83653 is designed to replace GM HEI Distributors that use a 4-pin ignition module.
This part is legal for use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board Executive Order number or is a direct or consolidated replacement part.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 85555 Chevy Black V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 85505 Black Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 83613 Black Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85703 Small Block Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85783 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 351W
MSD 85793 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 302 Ford
MSD 8363 472-500 Cadillac Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8451 Ford TFI EFI 351W No Module Pro-Billet Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.