MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, Not Hall Effect
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Chevrolet HEI Distributor is a favorite for muscle cars, street rods and even circle track racers. The integrated coil keeps underhood wiring clean, and for race cars, the idea of running one wire to the distributor keeps things simple. However, when it comes to performance, the stock HEI falls short. The MSD Pro-Billet HEI picks up where a stock HEI falls short with a digital module and high output coil, so there is plenty of spark energy combined with improved dwell and timing control. Ready to install in your engine!
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can easily be locked out
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Supplied with a 7.5 amp, single spark, inductive discharge ignition module
- Epoxy filled 42,000 Volt coil with .31 OHMs resistance
- Full spark energy output to 9,000 RPM
- Supplied with brass terminal distributor cap and rotor
- Iron distributor gear
- Includes three sets of springs and four stop bushings
- Dial in up to 24 different timing curves to match your driving needs
547-8365 Instructions (PDF)
- 265-400 S/B Chevy
- 396-454 B/B Chevy
- Designed to replace GM HEI distributors that use a 4-Pin ignition module
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 83653 Black Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 85705 Chevy Pro-Billet Distributor, Late Model/Modified
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.