MSD 83523 Distributor, Ford 289/302
289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, Magnetic Trigger Style
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDays INSTANT REBATE. Select Holley, MSD, Mr Gasket, Earl's Performance, Demon Carburetion, Weiand, Lakewood, Superchips, Diablo Sport, RacePak, Hooker, NOS, Flowtech, Frostbite Performance Cooling, Mallory Ignition, STS Turbo, Hays, Accel, Quick Time, Edge, Quick Fuel, Anvil, Bright Earth, Flowmaster, Hurst, B&M, APR, Dinan, XDR discounted up to 10% through December 31, 2019.
The Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires to the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engines idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range.
The Ready-to-Run features MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine’s needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice. Includes a separate tach circuit that is ideal to trigger a tach or an aftermarket EFI such as an Atomic EFI system.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Built-in rev limiter to protect your engine
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base for long life and great looks
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing providing smooth operation
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate for superior strength
- Fits Ford 289/302 engines
More Like This
MSD 83523 Distributor, Ford 289/302
MSD 85791 Ford 289-302 Billet Small Cap With Steel Gear
MSD 857951 Ford 289-302 Pro Billet Distributor, Steel Gear
MSD 8352 Ford 289-302 Ready-To-Run Distributor
MSD 835251 Ford 289/302 Ready To Run Distributor, Steel Gear
MSD 85031 Ford 289/302 Distributor, E Curve, Steel Gear
MSD 85793 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 302 Ford
MSD 2360 Pro-Billet Cam Sync Distributor, Ford 289, 302, Bronze gear
MSD 8598 Ford 289, 302 Billet Distributor
MSD 23773 Ford 289, 302 Dual Sync Distributor, Black
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.