Hooker 2457-1HKR Competition Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Chevy Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Standard Flange Style, Steel
Hooker Competition headers offer the best value in the high performance header market. Designed for the value-conscious buyer who is running either a "stock" or "mildly-modified" engine, Hooker Competition headers offer premium features at a very competitive price. Made of durable 16 gauge mild steel tubing, the Hooker Competition header design utilizes a long transition collector to reduce back pressure and increase exhaust flow. A perfect sealing surface is assured with the 5/16" machined flanges, with welded O-ring seals. Experience has proven that this flange size is ideal to maintain header integrity and be pliable enough to seal each exhaust port. Tubing is mandrel-bent to maintain metal strength and provide consistent tube diameter at radii to maximize performance. Hooker Competition headers have a standard finish that features a heat-cured, high-heat-resistant paint. Optionally, the famous Hooker Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating is available.
- 396-502 Chevy Big Block
- 1967-69 Camaro, 1968-74 Nova, 1965-70 Chevy Full Size
- Tuned-length primary tubes for street performance
- Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow
- Light weight & sturdy 16 gauge tubing
- Long transition collector for decreased back pressure
- 5/16 machined flanges for a perfect seal
- Industry™s best welds for durability
- designed for easy, trouble-free fit
- All necessary hardware included for a complete installation
- Works with factory power steering, power brakes and air conditioning
Application1965 Chevy Bel Air
1965 Chevy Biscayne
1965 Chevy Impala
1966 Chevy Bel Air
1966 Chevy Biscayne
1966 Chevy Caprice
1966 Chevy Impala
1967 Chevy Bel Air
1967 Chevy Biscayne
1967 Chevy Camaro
1967 Chevy Caprice
1967 Chevy Impala
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1968 Chevy Biscayne
1968 Chevy Camaro
1968 Chevy Caprice
1968 Chevy Chevy II
1968 Chevy Impala
1969 Chevy Bel Air
1969 Chevy Biscayne
1969 Chevy Camaro
1969 Chevy Caprice
1969 Chevy Impala
1969 Chevy Nova
1970 Chevy Bel Air
1970 Chevy Biscayne
1970 Chevy Caprice
1970 Chevy Impala
1970 Chevy Nova
1971 Chevy Nova
1972 Chevy Nova
1973 Chevy Nova
1974 Chevy Nova
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Hooker Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.