GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-Brake
GM 8.2" 10-Bolt BOP, GM 8.2" 10-Bolt Chevy 64-72, GM 8.5" 10-Bolt, GM 8.875" 12-Bolt Car
- If you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit but want the ease of a bolt on system then this is the kit for you!
- Fits GM 10 and 12 bolt rear ends in mid size cars. Will not fit full size cars, pickups, or 7.5" 10 bolt axles
- Includes two bolt-on caliper brackets, two vented rotors, two new GM E- brake calipers and hardware
- Rotors have both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" to accommodate a variety of wheels
- Fits axle with a maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" OD and brake register size of 2.78" or smaller
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a rear disc brake kit and still have to weld the bracket on, weve got you covered. This complete kit includes two bolt-on caliper brackets, two 11-1/4" vented rotors, two GM emergency brake style calipers, brake pads and hardware.
- Rotors have both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- Fits axle with a maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- 2.780" rotor center hole
- Includes emergency brake calipers
- Does not fit all 10 & 12 bolt axles - check Applications for details
- Requires 15" and larger wheels as 14" and smaller wheels will not clear application.
For more details and installation photos, see this article in Super Chevy magazine.
This kit will fit 10 & 12 Bolt (non-staggered shock) rear ends from:
The housing flange must have:
- 3-1/8" center-to-center distance for the top two bolt holes
- 2-11/16" center-to-center distance for the bottom two bolt holes
- 2-7/16" distance from the center of the top bolt to the center of the bottom bolt
- Axle Flange Identification Chart (GIF)
This kit requires 15" and larger wheels.
Note: This disc brake kit does NOT fit all 10 & 12 bolt rear axles. It does NOT fit full size car (Biscayne, Bel Air, Impala) or pickup rear axles. Kit does not clear 14" and smaller wheels. This kit does NOT work with staggered shock rear axle configurations as both calipers are positioned to the rear of the housing with this conversion brake kit.
The inside diameter of this rotor will accept an axle flange that has a diameter of 6-1/4" or smaller. If your axle flange exceeds 6-1/4" in diameter, you will need machine your axle flange to decrease your axle flange diameter to fit this rotor as necessary.
When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
91031924 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
1978-Up GM Metric Emergency Brake Caliper, LH, 5.45 Mount BoltsPart # 91031046-LQty x 1
1978-Up GM Metric Emergency Brake Caliper, RH, 5.45 Mount BoltsPart # 91031046-RQty x 1
Speedway Replacement 11-1/4 Inch Rear Brake RotorPart # 91031039Qty x 2
Caliper Brackets - GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt OnPart # 91031983Qty x 1
Caliper Bolt Kit - 910-31983Part # 91031983-2Qty x 1
More Like This
Stock Spindle 1964-74 GM A/F/X-Body 11 In. Front Disc Brake Kit
GM 10 & 12 Bolt Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
Drilled/Slotted 1964-74 GM A/F/X-Body 11 In. Front Disc Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14543 Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Dynamic Front Brake
Wilwood 140-14544 AERO6 Big Brake Dynamic Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15409-R Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front
Wilwood 140-14542 Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Dynamic Front Brake
Wilwood 140-15409-DR Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front
Wilwood 140-15409-D Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front
Wilwood 140-15409 Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front Kit
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Follow along as Speedway Tech Kevin W. updates the brakes on his Bel Air with a modern disc brake conversion kit.