Edelbrock 1404 Performer 500 CFM 4 Barrel Carburetor, Manual Choke
Universal Fit, 4-Barrel Carburetor Barrels, Gasoline Fuel Type, Manual Choke Type, 500 CFM CFM
- It uses metering rods to transition between circuits
- Features bolt-on-and-run performance right out of the box
- Provides smooth throttle response throughout the power band
- The float levels are factory set and adjustments are rarely needed
- A two-piece design means no gaskets below the fuel level for leak-free operation
Edelbrock Performer Series 4 barrel carbs have proven themselves to be easy to tune with great drivability. Whether you need to replace an aging stock carb or are looking for a performance four barrel carb to top off your hot rod, the Edelbrock Performer Series 4 barrel carbs are the best choice for performance and value. All Edelbrock parts are proudly made in the U.S.A.
This 500 CFM four barrel carburetor is designed and calibrated for small cubic-inch engines such as 305 c.i.d and smaller Chevrolet; 302 c.i.d. and smaller Ford. Match with an Edelbrock Performer or Performer EPS manifold and other brands of similar design. Includes manual choke and detailed instructions. Ford/Mopar throttle adapter arms sold separately.
- Manual choke
- Bolt-on-and-run performance right out of the box
- Smooth throttle response throughout the power band
- Uses metering rods to transition between circuits - rods can be changed in seconds without carburetor removal or draining fuel
- Float levels are factory set; adjustments are rarely needed
- Change jets, adjust floats & replace needles/seats without draining fuel or removing carb
- Two-piece design means no gaskets below the fuel level for leak-free operation
- Lightweight all-aluminum body is compatible with gasohol and blended fuels
- Includes both timed and full vacuum ports for ignition advance
- Comes with:
- Metering Jets - Primary .086, Secondary .095
- Metering Rods - .065 x .052
- Step-Up Spring - orange (5" Hg)
Notes3-1/4" from bottom of carb base to the base of the carb neck. Mounting bolt hole pattern is 5-1/8" by 5-5/8".
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim talks about his favorite intake manifold, the Might Edelbrock X1.
Tim talks about the vintage carburetor options we have available.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.
Tim talks about Edmunds air cleaners and the history of Edmunds.
In this Tech Tip, John offers up a couple solutions to a somewhat common problem of fuel expansion on the older vehicles.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
There's a right and wrong way to run a two-barrel carburetor on your vintage engine. Check out this guide about how to select the correct carburetor for your Flathead or vintage engine.