Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Chevy Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, 6 Inch Lowered Suspension Height Adjustment
- Semi-Elliptical 'Gasser' front end kit
- 49-54 early Chevy spindles
- Universal application with adjustable spring pads for different frame widths.
- Includes: 6" dropped axle-2" O.D., two axle pads and U-Bolts, two 1 3/4" spring shackles with bushings, two frame mounting brackets, two 31 1/4" six-leaf springs 1 3/4" wide
- Welding required
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Black steel, universal application, professionally engineered. Spring pads to be welded to the axle by the builder and are therefore adjustable on the axle for different frame widths. For 1949-54 Chevy style spindles.
Gasser Build Info (PDF)
- 48" double bend tube axle w/ welded ends (0.250" wall tubing)
- two axle pads and U-bolts
- two 1-3/4" spring shackles w/ nylon bushings
- two frame mounting brackets
- two 32" 6-leaf springs
- all hardware
Item Details'for ''49-''54 Chevy Spindles'
- Spring Arch: 4-3/4"
- Total Leaves: 6 (each 1/4" thick)
- Spring Rate: 400 lbs/inch
- Axle Tube: 2.00" O.D.
- Axle Width: 48" kingpin center-to-center
916-3903 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Dropped Gasser Front Axle, Chevy Spindle, 48 Inch Wide, 6 Inch DropPart # 91035117Qty x 1
Super Glide® Front Spring, 48 Inch Axle, Standard Eye, PlainPart # 91033029Qty x 2
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Mounting HardwarePart # 91639030Qty x 1
More Like This
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop
Dropped Semi-Elliptical Gasser Axle Kit, Chevy Spindle, 4 Inch Drop
Spring-Behind 6 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles, Chrome
Spring-Over 6 Inch Drop Front End for Chevy Spindles, Chrome
Ford Spindles - 4-Bar Spring-Behind Front End Kit, Chrome
Model A 4-Bar Tube Axle Kit for Chevy Spindles, Stainless
1932-34 Ford 4-Bar Tube Axle Kit for Ford Spindles, Stainless
Spring-Over 4 Inch Drop Front End for Ford Spindles, Stainless
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.