Dougs Headers D355-R 1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, Plain
Chevy Small Block V8, Fenderwell Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Natural
- Designed to fit 1955-1957 Chevy's body and Small Block engine
- Specifically made to kick-up and over the frame rail and exit just at the bottom of the cowl
- Intended to be used with engine in stock location
- Flanges are .38" thick and have a port height of 1.7" and width of 1.42"
- 1-3/4" tubes merge into a 3" diameter collector that is 9.5" long
These Speedway Fender Well Headers are the classic fender well design used by many on '55-'57 Chevy gassers in the early days of drag racing. They kick-up and over the frame rail and exit just at the bottom of the cowl. You will have to modify your emergency brake cable. Designed to be used with engine in stock location, not lowered as many kits do.
Includes all necessary mounting hardware, collector reducers, premium gaskets (rated to 1100° F), and detailed installation instructions.
- May require smaller front tires to avoid contact.
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet "Bow-Tie" heads. Fits Edelbrock angle plug heads.
- Will fit with 605 power steering box.
- Will not work with power brakes.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Hooker 2102-1HKR Super Competition Long Tube Header, 10 Inch Length
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Raw Finish
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Chrome
1955-57 Chevy LS1 Clipster Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Scott's "Nemesis" '55 is a time machine that transports everyone around it back to the glory days of drag racing.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!