Doug's Headers D451 Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 62-72 Mopar, CC
383 Chrysler Big Block V8, 400 Chrysler Big Block V8, Full-length Header Tube Type, Steel
Coated Dodge Challenger (70-74) 383, 400 Engine, Charger, R/T (66-72) 383, 400 Engine, Coronet, Coronet Wagons (62-72) 383, 400 Engine, Super Bee (68-72) 383, 400 Engine, Plymouth Barracuda (70-74) 383, 400 Engine, Belvedere (62-72) 383, 400 Engine, Fury (No C Bodies) (62-72) 383, 400 Engine, GTX (66-72) 383, 400 Engine, Roadrunner (68-72) 383, 400 Engine. This part comes standard with Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating (MCTBC). MCTBC protects and extends the life of headers by creating a thermal barrier that significantly lowers underhood temperatures and protects the substrate metal from thermal fatigue. It also provide corrosion resistance to protect it for years to come.
Please see our online catalog for specific application information.
Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.Every Dougs header is tuned with the proper tube size and length to efficiently remove all the exhaust from each cylinder, reducing pumping losses resulting in a dramatic increases in horsepower and torque. Dougs headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit and are re-checked numerous times during the design and manufacturing process.
- 3/8" Thick machined flanges... no warping
- CNC mandrel bent tubes... accurate fit & better flow
- Precision formed long transition collectors and long tube design... reduces backpressure and increases higher RPM horsepower
- Heavy 16 gauge tubing... longer life
- Tubes are pre-polished to remove scratches and the header isfinished with a Metallic Ceramic Thermal Barrier Coating polished to a high luster appearance offering corrosion and heat resistance up to 1400 degrees
Application1970-1971 Dodge Challenger 6.3L/383 V8
1972-1974 Dodge Challenger 6.6L/400 V8
1966-1970 Dodge Charger 6.3L/383 V8
1972 Dodge Charger 6.6L/400 V8
1965-1971 Dodge Coronet 6.3L/383 V8
1972 Dodge Coronet 6.6L/400 V8
1970-1971 Plymouth Barracuda 6.3L/383 V8
1962-1970 Plymouth Belvedere 6.3L/383 V8
1962-1965 Plymouth Fury 6.3L/383 V8
1967-1970 Plymouth GTX 6.3L/383 V8
1968-1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 6.3L/383 V8
- Doug's Headers D451 1 3/4" 4-Tube Full Length Header Mopar B Body Big Block Mopar 62-72 Metallic Ceramic Coating
- Ceramic Coated
- Collector: 3
- Port Shape: SAP
- Primary Tube: 1 3/4
- Designed for orig. heads (906 or 915 castings) legal for off-highway use (exc. in Calif. or states using Calif. emission standards)
- Fits with Mopar mini-starter PN P5249644AB
- Primary: 1 3/4
- (no c bodies)
- Designed for orig. heads (906 or 915 castings) legal for off-highway use (exc. in Calif. or states using Calif. emission stds.)
- with A/C
- with Floor Shifter
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Dougs Headers to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Doug's Headers D451-R Full Length Header, 1-3/4 In, 62-72 Mopar, Raw
Doug's Headers D452-B Full Length Header, 2 In, 62-72 Mopar, Blk
Doug's Headers D4477 Full Length Header, 1-5/8 In, 68-74 Mopar, CC
Doug's Headers D452 Full Length Header, 2 In, 62-72 Mopar, CC
Flowtech 33100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5020HKR Super Competition Shorty Header, Painted
Hooker 5903HKR Competition Full Length Header, Painted
Flowtech 33130FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5901-1HKR Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Hooker 5101-1HKR Super Competition Full Length Header, Ceramic Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!