Currie 98132 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 32 Inch
Ford 9", 32" Overall Length, 31 Spline Count, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These axles have 4" of spline which will allow you to cut a maximum of 3" of the spline off to obtain the correct length. This is perfect for small shops and will allow you to build your own custom width rear end easily. Axle length is measured from the flange to the end of the splines. All CTF axles come with a full installation package which includes one set of five 1/2"-20 Ford style wheel studs, one set of five 7/16"-20 Chevy style wheel studs, one set-20 tapered roller bearing with race, seal, & collar, and one heavy duty late model large bearing style retainer plate.
- 9 Inch Ford
- 31 Spline
- 32 Inch Long
- 20-30% stronger than factory axles - increased depth allows for flex without breaking
- Drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt patterns
- Includes both 7/16"-20 and 1/2"-20 wheel studs
- Compatible with "Big Ford - New Style" housing and brakes with 2-1/2" offset
- 4" of spline which allows you to cut a maximum of 3" of the spline off to obtain the correct length
- Perfect for small shops that want to build your own custom width rearend
- Includes a set-20 bearing and retainer you will have to press on
- Axles sold each, not as a pair
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
When cutting axles to desired lengths Currie recommends:
- Normal steel cutting machinery (cold saw, band saw, chop saw, etc.)
- Using a sleeve around the axle such as a small piece of PVC tubing - this allows:
- The axle to be spun in place while being cut
- A perimeter cut around the outer diameter assisting in keeping the cut square
- Avoiding the build-up of too much heat by doing a straight cut (like a knife though a stick of butter)
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
More Like This
Currie 98126 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 26 Inch
Currie 98129 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 29 Inch
Currie 98135 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 31 Spline Axle, 35 Inch
Currie CE-98126-24250 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 24-1/4 Inch
Currie 98832 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 28 Spline Axle, 32 Inch
Currie 98828 9 Inch Ford Cut-To-Fit 28 Spline Axle, 28 Inch
Wide 5 Double Splined Solid Axle - 28 Spline
Currie CE-98132-30625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 30-5/8 Inch
Currie CE-98129-26375 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 26-3/8 Inch
Currie CE-98129-28625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 28-5/8 Inch
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Dalton discusses a few great safety features that we offer for our customers here at Speedway Motors . We have what you need to remain safe in your race car.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.