Chevrolet Performance 88869604 CT400 GM-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
For a limited time, receive a $250 Chevrolet Performance Prepaid Card Offer on the purchase of select Chevrolet Performance Sealed Crate Engines. This offer is valid February 1–28, 2018, as a mail-in rebate (debit card) on select crate engines. For more details click here.
- High-revving matched components
- A fraction of the price of a custom engine
- GM-sealed for equal competition
- Popular in Modified and Late Model classes*
- 400 HP @ 5500 RPM
- 400 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
- 4.00" x 3.48" bore x stroke
- 9.6:1 compression ratio
- 92 octane recommended fuel
- 4-bolt main caps
- Cam lift: .474" intake / .510" exhaust
- Cam duration @ .050": 208° intake / 221° exhaust
- 112° lobe separation
- 1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rocker arms
- 2.00" Intake / 1.55" Exhaust valves
- Fully assembled long block
- Black steel valve covers w/ breathers
- Oil pump, pick-up, 8 quart oil pan
- Eliminator Vortec intake manifold
- Spark plugs
- 8" harmonic balancer
- Front timing cover
- Requires the addition of a carburetor, starter, water pump, distributor, and plug wires (not included).
- Requires an externally balanced flywheel (not included).
- The 8-quart Circle Track oil pan is 7 inches deep at the sump. It will clear most GM rear-steer chassis with the stock engine location.
- For Circle Track Racing only - not intended for street use.
GM Performance Parts Racing Crate Engines are excluded from the limited warranty.
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Crate Engine
GM 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
GM 88869604 CT400 GM-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Dressed 88869604 CT400 IMCA-Sealed 604 Chevy Crate Engine, Dynoed
Chevrolet Performance 19258602 CT350 GM-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine
Dressed GM 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dynoed
GM 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Sealed 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Chevrolet Performance 88869602 602 Circle Track Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19258602 CT350 IMCA-Seal 602 Chevy Crate Engine
GM 19258602 CT350 602 Chevy Crate Engine, Dyno Tested
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.