Chevrolet Performance 19370163 LS364/450 LS Crate Engine
LQ9 Chevy LS V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type, 364 cu. in. Engine Displacement
- This 364 cu. in. LS engine produces a total of 450 horsepower
- Has an exceptional horsepower and broad torque band and is fuel injection capable
- Pistons are made from hypereutectic aluminum and connecting rods from powdered metal
- Has a total valve lift of .550 intake / 0.550 exhaust
- Rocker arms are investment cast and have a roller bearing trunnion
- Excellent value for a high-performance LS upgrade or new build
- Exceptional horsepower and broad torque band
- Easy retrofit into older LS-equipped vehicles
- Fuel injection capable
- Transfer your previous induction components or custom build - your choice!
The engine family commonly called the LS series debuted in 1997. General Motors called it the Gen-III Small-Block, with the iron-block versions in trucks and the all-aluminum LS1 introduced in the then-new C5 Corvette. GM has continued to refer to its modern V-8 engine family as Gen III and Gen IV, but to the enthusiasts who quickly grasped the tremendous performance potential of the engines, every engine of the platform is nicknamed “LS.”
Chevrolet Performance is committed to providing proven, innovative performance technology that is truly.... more than just power. Chevrolet Performance Parts are engineered, developed and tested to exceed your expectations for fit and function.
This long block uses an engine control system based on a 24X crankshaft trigger and a 1X camshaft trigger system that was used on Chevrolet Gen III small-block V8 engines from 1997 thru 2006. For most customers, this will be a replacement for an existing application using a Gen III engine. This will allow the customer to transfer many of the sensors, exhaust system, engine mounts, etc. from the current vehicle to this long block. This long block uses the higher flowing rectangular cylinder head intake ports which were not available for Gen III engines. These heads were used on Gen IV LS3 engines. A new intake manifold will be required from a Gen IV truck or car that used a rectangular intake port. Most 6.0-6.2 Liter Gen IV intake manifolds use this type of rectangular intake port.
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Engine is compatible with a vehicle’s existing Gen III controller, but tuning is required
- Includes LQ9 oil pan
- Requires intake manifold matched to LS3- or L92-style rectangular intake ports
- LS3 or L96 production intake manifolds can be used, but require an aftermarket adapter plate for use with early LS three-bolt throttle bodies
- Not intended for marine applications
- Part Number: 19370163
- Engine Type: Performance LQ9 long block
- Displacement (cu in): 364 cu in (6.0L)
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.622 in (101.6 x 92 mm)
- Block: Cast iron with 6-bolt block, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft: Nodular iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 12565308): LS6 hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in): 0.550 intake / 0.550 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 204º intake / 218º exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: LS3 rectangular port; aluminum, as-cast with 68cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 2.165 intake (hollow stem) 1.590 exhaust (solid stem)
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1 (nominal)
- Rocker Arms: Investment cast, roller bearing trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,800
- Reluctor Wheel: 24X
- Balanced: Internal
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
Chevrolet Performance 19418211 CT525 Circle Track 6.2L LS Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19370413 LS376/585 LS Crate Engine, 525 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19370411 LS376/480 LS Crate Engine, 495 HP
Edelbrock 46760 EForce Supercharged LS Performance Crate Engine, Chevy
BluePrint PSLS3760CTFK 376CI LS3 Engine w/BPPLS530 Controller Kit
LS Classic GMLS9003 LS3 14" Classic Crate Engine, Unpainted SBC
LS Classic GMLS9004 LS3 14" Classic Crate Engine Orange BBC Style
LS Classic GMLS9005 LS3 14" Classic Crate Engine Chrome BBC Style
LS Classic GMLS9006 LS3 14" Classic Crate Engine, Unpainted BBC
LS Classic GMLS9008 LS3 14" Classic Crate Engine, Champagne 409
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.