COMP Cams 12-234-2 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. For '58-'98 262-400 cid Small Block Engines w/ Flat Tappet Cam - Strong Torque Thru Low End & Midrange, Good Idle. Hydraulic - Xtreme Energy: Strong torque thru low end and mid-range, good idle.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1982 Oldsmobile 305
1977-80 Buick 305
1955-86 Chevy 262-400
1967-86 GMC 283-400
1971-86 Pontiac 305-350
More Like This
COMP Cams 31-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford S/B
COMP Cams 11-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams 20-221-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 21-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 51-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Pontiac V8
COMP Cams 12-232-3 Xtreme Marine Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
COMP Cams 34-234-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford 429/460
COMP Cams 42-221-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft,Oldsmobile 260/455
COMP Cams 35-234-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford 351W
COMP Cams 12-235-2 Xtreme 4x4 Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!