COMP Cams 12-242-2 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy S/B
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Chevrolet 262-400 c.i. 8 cyl. 1958-1998. For '58-'98 262-400 cid Small Block Engines w/ Flat Tappet Cam - Great For Street Machines, Largest Cam For Stock Converter, Better w/ 2000+ Stall. Hydraulic - Xtreme Energy: Great for street machines, largest cam for stock converter, better with 2000 stall.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1982 Oldsmobile 305
1977-80 Buick 305
1955-86 Chevy 262-400
1967-86 GMC 283-400
1971-86 Pontiac 305-350
More Like This
COMP Cams 21-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar B/B
COMP Cams 20-223-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
COMP Cams 23-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar 383/440
COMP Cams 51-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Pontiac V8
COMP Cams 11-242-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy B/B
COMP Cams 31-242-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford S/B
COMP Cams 11-242-20 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Chevy
COMP Cams 35-242-3 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, Ford 351W
COMP Cams 42-223-4 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft,Oldsmobile 260/455
COMP Cams 20-311-4 Specialty Hydraulic Camshaft, Mopar S/B
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!