COMP Cams 10-215-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 327 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for COMP Cams to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AMC 290-401 c.i. 8 CYL. 1966-1991. Hydraulic-Excellent response, good mid-range, noticeable idle. Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. All COMP Cams Camshafts are manufactured to the strictest tolerances. Rigorously tested and checked for quality.
- Quicker opening lobe profiles deliver increased responsiveness & more area under the lift curve
- More vacuum allows an increase in duration for improved performance & assists power brakes
- Excellent performance in street carbureted applications
- Best performance with aftermarket intake manifolds, headers, lower gear ratios, etc.
Application1966-79 AMC 290-401
1972-91 Jeep 304-401
More Like This
COMP Cams 10-216-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-214-5 Xtreme Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-201-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-202-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8
COMP Cams 10-200-4 High Energy Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC
COMP Cams 10-203-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 1800-5800 RPM
COMP Cams 10-204-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2000-6000 RPM
COMP Cams 10-212-5 Hi-Tech Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC , 3500-7000 RPM
COMP Cams 10-210-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 2500-6500 RPM
COMP Cams 10-211-4 Magnum Hydraulic Camshaft, AMC V8 , 3000-7000 RPM
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!