BluePrint BPC4085CT Chrysler 408 Base Engine, Aluminum Heads
360 Chrysler Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type, 408 cu. in. Engine Displacement
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
Chrysler 408 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 465 HP / 494 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Forged Pistons
- Hand picked seasoned block
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- 2-Bolt Main
- 4.000" Bored .040" over
- 2-Piece Rear Main Seal
- Mech fuel pump provision: Yes
- New Cast steel crankshaft
- 4.000" Stroke
- OEM type 6.123" connecting rods w/ 150,000 psi bolts
- Forged pistons
- Aluminum Cylinder Heads - 58cc chamber
- 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust valves
- 176cc intake/75cc exhaust runners
- Cam Specs
- Cam Type: Roller
- .580 Intake .577 Exhaust
- 235 Intake / 242 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 4000 RPM
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- Oil Pan
- Timing Cover
- Valve Covers
- Individual Dyno Results
Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles
30 month / 50,000 mile (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 90 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.