1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Chevy Big Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Natural
Classic Chevy owners will love these 396-502 big block V8 chassis headers for 1955-1957 cars. They have 34"-36" primary tubes for lots of power, but they're tucked close to the body for maximum ground clearance. Requires aftermarket side engine mounts and a rear trans crossmember (rather than stock bellhousing mounts).
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance, even if car is lowered 4"
- Works with automatic transmissions only
- Designed to work with stock steering or 605 power steering box
- Original bellhousing frame mounts must be removed
- Will NOT work if engine is set forward more than 3/4" for firewall/HEI distributor clearance
- Will NOT fit tall-deck (truck) blocks
- Includes a pair of reducers (3.00" to 2.50")
Header Dimensions (GIF)
Note: These headers will not work with manual transmissions due to clutch linkage issues.
- Will not fit if engine is located more than 3/4” forward for HEI firewall clearance. Fits with TCI engine mount kit PN 725-7005-80 and with the equivalent Danchuk mounts.
- Header is designed to fit cars using original V-8 pitman arm part number 3719487 not 6 cylinder pitman arm number 3709877. Aftermarket pitman arms must be same configuration as OE for proper header fit.
- Works with A/C, P/B, P/S, and A/T (both column and floor shifters).
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Stainless
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Stainless Steel
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Raw Finish
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Chrome
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Chrome
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.