1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Chevy Big Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Natural, Round Port Flange Style, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Classic Chevy owners will love these 396-502 big block V8 chassis headers for 1955-1957 cars. They have 34"-36" primary tubes for lots of power, but they're tucked close to the body for maximum ground clearance. Requires aftermarket side engine mounts and a rear trans crossmember (rather than stock bellhousing mounts).
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance, even if car is lowered 4"
- Works with automatic transmissions only
- Designed to work with stock steering or 605 power steering box
- Original bellhousing frame mounts must be removed
- Will NOT work if engine is set forward more than 3/4" for firewall/HEI distributor clearance
- Will NOT fit tall-deck (truck) blocks
- Includes a pair of reducers (3.00" to 2.50")
Header Dimensions (GIF)
Note: These headers will not work with manual transmissions due to clutch linkage issues.
- Will not fit if engine is located more than 3/4” forward for HEI firewall clearance. Fits with TCI engine mount kit PN 725-7005-80 and with the equivalent Danchuk mounts.
- Header is designed to fit cars using original V-8 pitman arm part number 3719487 not 6 cylinder pitman arm number 3709877. Aftermarket pitman arms must be same configuration as OE for proper header fit.
- Works with A/C, P/B, P/S, and A/T (both column and floor shifters).
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
More Like This
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Raw Finish
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Chrome
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Chrome
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Raw Finish
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Pat shows that exhaust can make a difference on even your daily driver. Check out this video of Pat with the Hooker Muffler installed on his '03 Suburban.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.