1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These Speedway headers allow you to keep the exhaust system under your '55-'57 Chevy car. The "3/4-length" design provides more ground clearance than full-length headers, yet makes more power than "shorty" style headers. These chassis headers fit 283-400 S/B Chevy V8s and has 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors.
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance
- Designed to work with stock or 605 power steering box
- Fits cars using an original V-8 pitman arm (some aftermarket arms may cause an interference)
- Will work with side engine mounts with engine in stock location
- Fits standard and Vortec-style small-block Chevy heads (not D-port, LT-1 or ZZ-4)
- Does not work with stock clutch linkage
- The use of a shorty spark plug may aide in clearance between the plug wire and header primary tubes
Includes a pair of reducers (2.50" to 2.25").
Dimension Chart (GIF)
- Drivers side A dimension is 3-1/2" up by the head and 5-5/8" at the collector
- B dimension is 15", and C dimension is 21"
- Passenger side A dimension is 4" at the head and 6-5/8" at the collector, B is 15", and C is 21"
These headers do not fit angle-plug heads. They do work with a "605"steering box. They work with most any bellhousing and most any motor mounts. Some aftermarket starters may be in the way. Designed to fit cars using an original V-8 pitman arm. Some aftermarket arms may cause an interference.
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner and rags or sanded/sand blasted off.
More Like This
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Chrome
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Stainless
Small Block Chevy Universal Street Rod Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway SB Chevy Street Stock Headers, 1-5/8, 3 In Collector, Raw
Small Block Chevy Universal Street Rod Headers, Raw Finish
Speedway SB Chevy Street Stock Headers, 1-5/8 In, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy 1932 Hi-Boy Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Classic T-Bucket Headers, Raw Finish
1927-1934 Small Block Ford Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.