1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Chevy Small Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Natural, Oval Port Flange Style, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These Speedway headers allow you to keep the exhaust system under your '55-'57 Chevy car. The "3/4-length" design provides more ground clearance than full-length headers, yet makes more power than "shorty" style headers. These chassis headers fit 283-400 S/B Chevy V8s and has 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors.
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance
- Designed to work with stock or 605 power steering box
- Fits cars using an original V-8 pitman arm (some aftermarket arms may cause an interference)
- Will work with side engine mounts with engine in stock location
- Fits standard and Vortec-style small-block Chevy heads (not D-port, LT-1 or ZZ-4)
- Does not work with stock clutch linkage
- The use of a shorty spark plug may aide in clearance between the plug wire and header primary tubes
Includes a pair of reducers (2.50" to 2.25").
Dimension Chart (GIF)
- Drivers side A dimension is 3-1/2" up by the head and 5-5/8" at the collector
- B dimension is 15", and C dimension is 21"
- Passenger side A dimension is 4" at the head and 6-5/8" at the collector, B is 15", and C is 21"
These headers do not fit angle-plug heads. They do work with a "605"steering box. They work with most any bellhousing and most any motor mounts. Some aftermarket starters may be in the way. Designed to fit cars using an original V-8 pitman arm. Some aftermarket arms may cause an interference.
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner and rags or sanded/sand blasted off.
More Like This
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Chrome
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, AHC Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Stainless
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Raw Finish
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Chrome
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.