1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
Chevy Small Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Natural
- Speedway headers allow you to keep the exhaust system under your '55-'57 Chevy car
- Provides more ground clearance than full-length headers, yet makes more power than "shorty" style
- These chassis headers fit 283-400 S/B Chevy V8s
- Has 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors
These Speedway headers allow you to keep the exhaust system under your '55-'57 Chevy car. The "3/4-length" design provides more ground clearance than full-length headers, yet makes more power than "shorty" style headers. These chassis headers fit 283-400 S/B Chevy V8s and has 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors.
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance
- Designed to work with stock or 605 power steering box
- Fits cars using an original V-8 pitman arm (some aftermarket arms may cause an interference)
- Will work with side engine mounts with engine in stock location
- Fits standard and Vortec-style small-block Chevy heads (not D-port, LT-1 or ZZ-4)
- Does not work with stock clutch linkage
- The use of a shorty spark plug may aide in clearance between the plug wire and header primary tubes
Includes a pair of reducers (2.50" to 2.25").
Dimension Chart (GIF)
- Drivers side A dimension is 3-1/2" up by the head and 5-5/8" at the collector
- B dimension is 15", and C dimension is 21"
- Passenger side A dimension is 4" at the head and 6-5/8" at the collector, B is 15", and C is 21"
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new engine deserves new all new exhaust. Be sure to have a look at our rundown on selecting the best setup for headers, exhaust, and mufflers here.